Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got My First Warning Today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Got My First Warning Today!

Well, I couldn't resist taking the bike out today. Roads were dry, relatively warm enough, light winds, bright sun, yep...where's my jacket?
So I'm just kinda cruisin around, listening to the bike for any un-usual noises and stuff, peggin it here and there, did a few wheelies, typical stuff. And after about an hour I figured I'd go home and dump the oil again and put a fresh filter on, check the chain again, ya know...blah blah blah. So I pull off the side street onto the old highway and roll hard on the gas, she comes up and I hold her for 3 gears, let it set for the corner and go through another 2 and pop her into 6th. I look in my mirror and Waaaaay back I think I see a blue lite. NO, could it be? Look real close (didnt want to look back) and yep...sure enough...Woo woo woo woo...Oh Son of a...and yep, my first thought was...GO stupid! I had 1/2 a mile on him. But I was in my home town and thought I'd never be able to cruise through town again. So I pulled right over and lit a butt. He gets out and ask if I were FN crazy? What? Are you tryin to kill yourself? he says. Hey, I'm a professional and that was a good one, admit it! His head was sayin yes but his mouth was sayin no and he kinda grinned cause he was about to agree. Come-on I says, it was nice and you know it! He says do you know how fast you were going??!! I says are you kidding me? Even if I did look down I wouldn't be able to decifer the numbers that quick, I've tried it before and now don't even bother! License and Registration. Um, I don't believe I have either 1 on me. Nothin? Nothin. So we went through all the where ya from bull and says K I'll be right back. So I'm finishing my cigarette and he comes back and says I'm gonna give you a warning, I could write you up for about 6 things. I says hay, your having a good day today huh? No, no I'm not he says. K well I sure am! He says yeah you are, now keep it on 2 wheels! Okee Dokee, see ya next time. Ok Ray, see ya.
So now I'm thinking, ok, I was going to get a Z-Bomb, but maybe I'd be better off getting a radar detector first cause I think it's going to be one of those years!

Old 03-14-2009, 04:41 PM

Your dads not a judge in that town is he? I can't imagine anyone getting away with any of that. Not to mention your attitude to the cop.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

If only all po po's were so nice.
cool story

Old 03-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Default 1

Nope, not a Judge. I just thought I was all done so I just gave him my sense of humor and was cool about it. Maybe pulling over as quick as I did helped me out ya know? I just got lucky, that's all there is to it. He was cool though, till next time.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:06 PM

maybe the cop rides too

i normally only hear of 2 kinds of stops, one where they get off scott free and others where they're hit with anything the cop can find
i think it's just luck of the draw about how the cop feels about bikes

Old 03-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Default 1

Yep, that's about it. I was actually a little nervous cause he was a big bad *** lookin cop, never seen him in town before. but I think he does like bikes, I should have asked, but he was checkin it out a little bit. but like I said, I just got lucky, no doubt!
Hopefully everyone will get the free pass the first time this year!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 05:22 PM

i think pulling over and waiting was what did it for you. A buddy of mine passed a cop doing about 110 on the highway, he didnt even wait to see him pull out he just pulled right over... cop came up to him took his info, came back and said that he wasnt giving him anything because he didnt run or even think of it. Im sure it doesnt always work out like that but im sure it doesnt hurt.... I just avoid the situation by trying not to speed to much haha

Old 03-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Default 1

Yeah your probably right, pulling right over may have helped, no fun, but may have helped.
And like you I try to avoid as much as possible, I try and try and try...