Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

good day

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good day

so yesterday i went to a shop so they can mount a used tire that my friend gave me(better than the tire with cords showing that i had on). so i go there and they said i cant do it. the shop was maybe 10 miles away so i was like, FU*K i already risked my *** getting there. now i have to risk my *** getting back! so i kept asking and begging just to mount the bald tire cuz i'd rather ride home on that than a tire with the cords all showing. he still said no, so i asked for the manager. He came out, said the same thing, but he was alot more generous about it. he gave another shop a call which was few blocks down to see if they had a used tire that was good to mount. they did! and they said they would sell it for 40. but my broke *** only had 20 dollars to get the tire mounted, which was my original plan. so i told the manager about my problem. and he suggested, if i can get the other shop to sell my that used tire for 20, then he would mount the tire for free!! so i was like wow thank you! and RAN over to the shop. Joe, from the other shop was so generous he said hell yeah ill sell it to you for 20, since its a used tire we're not gonna do anything with it! and he even walks with me back to the shop to make sure they'll mount it. man they were so awesome.. oh yah and while i was trying to put the tire back on, i dropped my bike because the stand was loose... it was embarassing but the ppl around helped cuz at least i wasnt ON the bike when it dropped!. well that's my story.. i wonder who will actually read all this?

Old 05-27-2009, 01:08 PM

I read all of it, nice of the guys to sell you a used tire to get home, and especially mount it for free! sorry bout the bike hitting the deck, it happens.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Nice that stuff worked out! Good to hear about people helping each other out.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow!! That is a great day! I'll tell you what, I'd definitely be giving those two shops all of my business in the future... even if it cost me a couple bucks more. What a couple of cool dudes! Grats on the luck man! heh