Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A Glimpse into the Future of Hardcorp

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Glimpse into the Future of Hardcorp

There was a Marine from the 24th MEU (Beirut). A couple of years back, who was accosted on his way home from work. There were three individuals, armed with a handgun and shotgun and knife he ended up killing one of them with a knife and severely injuring another. He said he done everything in his power to avoid a confrontation, including running from them. But in the end he had to defend himself, a local television station tried to interview him all he kept saying was. He was sorry it happened that those individuals were someone's family may be someone's father or mother, brother or sister, and he wished it never happened. The first thing that came to my mind. Was it doesn't matter how long ago, the training was it becomes second nature when your life is placed in jeopardy. Now this all took place in Atlanta before I got here and I have only heard the story second or third hand. I saw a small portion of a news clip on the story, but wished that someone local here on the forum could clue me in on the whole story or provide a link to it

Old 03-28-2008, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Glimpse into the Future of Hardcorp

This all reminds me of a something that happened at a local poker tournament. Big guy (350+ lbs, not fat, 6foot+) and little guy (120lbs 5 foot and a half) playing poker. Little guy starts runnig his mouth. Big guy gets up and leaves. Little guy followed and shoulder checks big guy as big guy tries to leave. Big guy grabs little guy by the throat and walks him down the hallway. Guys still in the room heard the distinct thud, thud, thud, thud of little guy's head being slammed into the wall as big guy walked out. I found it funny and fitting.