Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stop the negativity ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Stop the negativity ...

ORIGINAL: fuze

Glad your ok bro. I haven't taken my bike out in a long time now, might just sell it. Scared my time is coming.
I hope you don't mind me taking this out of the post Joe but it's typical of what I'm seeing too much now on here ...

You guys have so got to stop with this negative thinking lately ... it's this mind set that can create a "self fulfilling prophecy",...
trust me ... take your bikes out and just take it real easy to get the feel of a bike again after a break, then when you are comfortable again, just do what you feel ... never push beyond your own or the bikes limitations... never try to prove anything to others or even yourself ... enjoy the ride, keep your senses sharp and eyes peeled ...

Everytime I ride my bike I actually pretend I have a cloaking device fitted .. I'm totally invisible and I have to do everyone else's driving and looking for them ... they can't see me so I have to see them ..it's become second nature to me now ... it's worked for me for 16 years and I'm still here ... I will never stop riding ... why stop doing something I practically live for ... I could go and fill my cottage with cotton wool and never be in danger again but where's the fun ... live life and enjoy while you have it!

You guys are sensible and sharp ..it's simple ...

RIDE WELL AND STAY SAFE!!!

Jules

PS If you haven't done so already then read this ...

https://cbrforum.com/m_520088/tm.htm

Old 03-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stop the negativity ...

Riding after a winter seems to be like those that scuba dive once a year on vacation. In florida we ride and dive almost all year. When we would go to Cozumel the beginning of the week all the problems came from the northeners that only dive on vacation. They are rusty, don't know what weights to wear, forget how to clear...

Riding is similar, take it easy for a few hundred miles and get used to being out there, also the people in cars forget that there are bikes on the road too, they got to get their 'eyes' back.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Banned

Good advice Jules...I'm a member of the group that is becomming dissuaded to ride bikes lately, but it's one of my true passions and I can't let fear get the best of me.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:42 AM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Good advice Jules...I'm a member of the group that is becomming dissuaded to ride bikes lately, but it's one of my true passions and I can't let fear get the best of me.
When I was 23 I was in a serious accident with a boyfriend who drove too fast in his car .. he used to scare me ... I always told him to slow down but he never listened to me ... I had a bike so fast driving was not going to impress me, just scare me ...one fateful day the inevitable happened, he clipped the curb going round a bend too fast and we went over on the roof ... non of you know this but I actually died at the scene ... I was clinically dead for nearly 3 minutes, they managed to bring me back in the ambulance... I had head injuries and side impact from a post we slid into ... I was in a coma for 9 days .. when I came to I didn't even know my name, it took a while for everything to sink back in ... I was scarred and told that I had even lost one of my ovaries ... this was in the relative safety of a car guys!

My boyfriend had only a few bruises ... I took most of the impact ...

We can be taken anytime, car, bike, illness ... all I'm trying to say is that crash never stopped me living ... I got back on a bike within a year of the crash ...bikes have never hurt me but cars and boyfriends have ... I'm not off cars or guys either, just taking a nice wee hiatus from them ...lol

If you want to live your life ...make no mistake you can be hurt ... but think about this...

Most people live and die with their music still unplayed. They never dare to try.

Jules

Old 03-27-2008, 07:51 AM

Keep in mind my favorite quote of all time - "you live more in five minutes on a motorcycle like this than most people do in a lifetime" (Burt Munro)

I too am nervous since so many of us have gone down so early in the season and I have had a close call myself - but keep your wits about ya and enjoy the ride :-)

Old 03-27-2008, 08:19 AM

Take it from someone thats been down already early this season. Get out there and RIDE! RIDE your bikes and enjoy every moment on her.

As a lot of us know, many accidents can be prevented if we have are heads on the right way.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Take it from someone thats been down already early this season. Get out there and RIDE! RIDE your bikes and enjoy every moment on her.

As a lot of us know, many accidents can be prevented if we have are heads on the right way.

That's the spirit :-) ... listen to this man ...

Jules

Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 PM

Damn Jules...no wonder your single. And who kicked that dip****'s ***?!?!?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:39 PM

Link to try to stop the negativity!!!

https://cbrforum.com/m_519667/mpage_.../tm.htm#519667

We need positive energy to flow!! Start laughing!!

Old 03-27-2008, 02:41 PM

i know what the feeling is gonna be like on the first ride of the season. i assume its gonna feel like driving during the first winter snow storm of the year.....nervous, forgot what its like cause its been 9 months since youve done it. and then your good after a little while.

Quick Reply: Stop the negativity ...