Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ghost Rider 2 SUCKED!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ghost Rider 2 SUCKED!

We all know Nicolas Cage can't act so you'd think they'd fill the movie with more of The Rider. But noooo... it was like the director tried to force Cage's minimal acting ability on us.

The movie was seriously pathetic. Down to the point that when Christopher Lambert (Highlander) made a cameo I said to my friend "if he pulls a sword, you'll find me in the bar when this is over".

They found me in the bar trying to erase the memory with copious amounts of alcohol.

Oh yeah, the worst part: there were limited showings of the non-3d version so we were forced to pay $13 a head for absolutely crappy 3d. They barely used any 3d during the movie.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Oh yeah, the worst part: there were limited showings of the non-3d version so we were forced to pay $13 a head for absolutely crappy 3d. They barely used any 3d during the movie.
I generally get around that by purchasing a ticket to a non-3D movie that starts around the same time and then walk into the 3D one - maybe make a restroom stop first if I think anyone is watching which theater I'm heading into. Wife and I have 3D glasses and she hides them in her purse, along with some snacks and beverages.

As far as the movie, it looks like it didn't get very good reviews on the Rotten Tomatoes website, either. I always check there before before watching so I at least know what to expect.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Old 02-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I generally get around that by purchasing a ticket to a non-3D movie that starts around the same time and then walk into the 3D one - maybe make a restroom stop first if I think anyone is watching which theater I'm heading into. Wife and I have 3D glasses and she hides them in her purse, along with some snacks and beverages.

As far as the movie, it looks like it didn't get very good reviews on the Rotten Tomatoes website, either. I always check there before before watching so I at least know what to expect.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
No sneaking into that one. They had an usher w/ rent-a-cop at the door to that specific movie

Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

the first one wasn't all that great either. i was not in a big hurry to go see it before, and not i won't even go.

maybe the rent a cop was there to keep people from leaving without finishing the over priced popcorn and snacks...

Old 02-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i laughed when he had his bike up on the truck and he and the kid were in the back with it... and his ratcheting the brake calipers on his bike.

i shouted "wtf is he ratcheting" and "did the bolts get lose from all the fire?"

terribad

Old 02-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Christopher Lambert made a cameo.
Well......now you went and ruined the surprise for me.LOL

Now I don't want to see it.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

at least it was a vmax this time....

and idk about nicolas cage. you may think he's under-acting, but i think it may be just him in his "tough-but-quiet guy" or "brave-and-courageous" roles..

remember con air? i seriously thought his character was a parody of something until i saw another movie of his... wild at heart.... what the hell man, i didn't make it too far through that one

but he's really not that bad when he has a character roll like in matchstick men - he was great in that... and wasn't half bad in gone in 60... but those were some pretty eccentric characters...