Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Full tuck body position

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full tuck body position

When you guys go into a tuck do you have your elbows resting on your legs? Or on the outside of your legs? I feel like I have more control when I have my elbows resting on top of my legs but my shoulders have to hunch up in order to do that and my back and neck get really tight really quick. Also, in a full tuck does that mean that you would actually be looking through the windscreen or do you still look over it? I'm just trying to get some proper body positioning down.

Mike

Old 09-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Full tuck body position

for me not to be able to see thru my windscreen, i would have to have my chin resting on the gas tank, very uncomfortable, i usually stay with my eyes above the windscreen, but thats just me....

Old 09-06-2006, 04:48 PM

I very rarely get into a FULL tuck, unless it's super, super windy (there's one bridge on my commute that gets some serious gusts off the Atlantic). But when I do, I'd say (tryin' to think here) my elbows are outside of my knees, as I'll be gripping the tank fully with my thighs/knees.

Also, something mentioned on a segment on Speed on track school -- slide your butt all the way back in your seat when you're trying to get tucked low on the bike. In this way, you're overall body position is lower, and your back isn't as curves/hunched, so it should take some strain off og it.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:59 PM

A full tuck should have your elbows outside the knees. However, that really isn't all that practical outside of racing. I usualy rest my elbows on top of my knees, except when turning. At turn in, I want my forearms as close to parallel to the ground as possible. It allows me to have the most control.

As to ducking behind the windscreen, it mostly depends on the bike you ride and your size. I have an '06 F4i, and the low screen/high tank, makes it impossible for me to get low enough to see through the windscreen. Another factor is the helmet you wear. My Scorpion helmet is so low in the back, that I can't angle my head upwards enough to get as low as I want. It starts to dig into the tops of my shoulders/back when I try to lay down on the bike and look down the road.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:11 PM

Awesome, thanks a million for the body position help guys. =)

Mike