Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Freedom of speech?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Freedom of speech?

just another reason why i have no respect for the fuzz...

I just hope that when we get that bumbling idiot out of the whitehouse our nation will take a step back from this police-state mentality we keep moving towards.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:00 PM

[sm=smiley32.gif]+1

Old 09-19-2007, 07:08 PM

I'm really suprised there havn't been any assassintion attempts. Maby there were and its covered up?

Old 09-19-2007, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

People that don't like it can either do something to change it, get over it or move somewhere else.
this kid was doing something to change it, look what happened to him.

I definatly dont think he is an inocent kid and that he wasnt happy for the attention. Its like protestors getting arrested at a sit in, that is part of the point. but just because that is their reason for being there does mean that it is right to arrest them. (and taser them in this case).

Old 09-19-2007, 07:33 PM

He wasn't trying to do anything about it. He was trying to cause controversy. If was trying to change something, he would have been in the court system taking the time to get things changed legally.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:03 PM

I've written senators, voted for other parties, etc... the sad fact is that as an individual there is really no way to actually change any of this ****e situation we're in right now. What it takes is individuals brave enough to step up and cause some controversy which will either incite change or be controlled. In this incident the kid was obviously put down thanks to some overzealous campus cops. Granted he was being obnoxious and technically resisting arrest, but none of that would have happened had the piggies done their job and stayed away from the kid in the first place. Last time I checked some piece of **** officer has no right to judge my opinion or limit my freedom of speech.

I wish someone would go around tazing cops and get that on the damn news.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:04 PM

and sorry to get all crazy about it, but this stuff seriously makes me angry as hell and what better place to talk some **** than the good ol' interweb!

Old 09-19-2007, 08:30 PM

Controversy is the way to get things changed. Seriously, what MAJOR changes have happened in America without it? Segeration, Vietnam, Prohabition, Womens rights, Delaration of Independence...need I go on?

Old 09-19-2007, 08:53 PM

Law enforcement’s primary purpose is to suppress young men.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:01 PM

I don't know. From what I saw, he could have avoided being tazered if he was cooperative with the officers, instead of resisting. If it were me, I would have cooperated right away, even if I didn't agree with why they were asking me to stop.Then, if Ihad a problem with the way they handled my questioning (stopped me from continuing), I would have considered taking them to court. That's how out system works. We trust that officers will do the right thing with the power they hold. If they don't, we have to deal with the system at a higher level, not confront them directly (or fight them).

Quick Reply: Freedom of speech?