Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Freedom of speech?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom of speech?

out the window.

So a student at the University of Flordia asked John Kerry some controversial questions and wasnt polite, so the cops ended up tazering him. Ok, its alittle more complicated then that, but excessive force was used and all to stop him from asking questions. Kinda makes you wonder where we are headed in this country. Some may point out that he was being a dick, he has the right to. He also has the right to question an elected official. He did nothing illigal other then resisting arrest, an arrest which was unjust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIYTJ75U4NU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHl4cPRDpzw

http://www.gainesvillesun.com/articl...0325/1007/NEWS

http://www.gainesvillesun.com/articl...NEWS/709190330

Old 09-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Default RE: Freedom of speech?

This is an example of our country being "restricted" of everything including our speech.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People that don't like it can either do something to change it, get over it or move somewhere else.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:24 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: Kikepiz

This is an example of our country being "restricted" of everything including our speech.
Don't get me wrong here, but I think this is an example of a bunch of asshat "security guards" who really wanted to show the crowd that they were in control...using excessive force because they don't understand the legal rights that people have. The problem with the police when things like this happen is that there isn't sufficient training so they end up going way overboard to avoid looking like they aren't competent by stopping halfway through a debacle such as this.

Even after they took that kid off stage, John Kerry went on to finish answering that very question regarding the 2004 election so I say extremely well played by Kerry.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

People that don't like it can either do something to change it, get over it or move somewhere else.
+1

"DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!!!" hahaha... he deserved it. Court is the only place to fight the police.

Don't forget that the cameras don't show everything.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297287,00.html

Old 09-19-2007, 06:30 PM

Give me a break.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:33 PM

Probably you guys are right... but Kerry could also said "hey relese that kid! and let me respond to he's cuestion...". But Kerry is so dumm that he also says "can't get in college... go into the army..." or something like that...

Old 09-19-2007, 06:33 PM

Ok I dont agree with them taking him away. That was def. a dumb move by the security gaurds but he shouldve just left with them, sued them for false arrest or something.The fact that heactually struggled with these gaurds and resisted them was his down fall. But let me reemphasize the fact that I dont agree with them taking him away (so people dont jump me for taking up for "the man") but he shouldnt have fought them. Word to the wise just cause your sayin you're not resisting while your pulling away from them doesnt mean you actually not resisting. lol

Old 09-19-2007, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Kikepiz

Probably you guys are right... but Kerry could also said "hey relese that kid! and let me respond to he's cuestion...". But Kerry is so dumm that he also says "can't get in college... go into the army..." or something like that...
he actually did say "wait,let me answer his questions"

Old 09-19-2007, 06:55 PM

But he didn't say relese him!

Quick Reply: Freedom of speech?