Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Forum Being "Used"? Ticked or No?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Forum Being "Used"? Ticked or No?

ORIGINAL: Munson

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze
A "Buyer Caveat" disclaimer as a sticky would be nice for some of the less saavy peeps though.
Maybe that's the solution, just so people know that items posted for sale aren't pre-screened by the forum, and the forum is in no way responsible for it. I think most of us are big boys and girls and can protect ourselves against getting ripped off, and if there's something out there for sale that's bike-related, I'd like to know about it. But this is only for private sellers. Commercial dealers should pay to advertise here.
This seems to be a fair and logical response. I agree.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:11 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: Flip

Well, if it is a good deal on a sale and the guy is a trustworthy seller, i dont care if it is his only post or not.
You have no way of knowing if he/she is trustworthy or not.
just because someone posts alot doesn’t mean there trust worth either i bought my bike off someone who posted 5 times and 4 of the 5 were answers to questions about the bike. i bought a set of heads from a guy that had over 800 posts on another site and never got them. that amount of posts does not make someone trust worthy. The only way to protect your self is to be smart about the transaction weather its for a part or a bike. I have no problem with people signing up to sell there bike .

Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 PM

It not all about getting ripped off or not either, because in all,there is no way to totally protect yourself from that no matter where you are. However, it is a question of, dont most people want others who are dedicated to putting forth information and help and anything else they can offer besides what they are selling? It seems as if people just signup, sell, and leave, which is more of the question. Even on ebay, or overstock, or whatever you use, no one can totally protect themselves from being ripped off and getting what they paid for.Its trust in the customer and buyer. But its more of a question of dont we want quality members and less "sign-up spammers"? Just my thoughts