Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Which foot do you put down at a light?
Left foot
45.65%
Right foot
6.52%
Both feet
45.65%
None. I can perfectly balance my bike while motionless for hours!
2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Which foot?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use both feet, there are no hills in Indiana.

Busa riders do it to scuff there shoes up, cause they can't do it in the corners!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

naturally I selected Perfect balance because i'm awesome.

However, sometimes when I don't feel like being the studly god like man that I am, I will usually put my left foot down and keep my right foot up. Only time I really put both feet down is when i'm in heavy traffic or a long line with cars already built up behind me and not really moving.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:41 AM

Right foot down, in gear flash with the brake up top, dont know why always have, same when i had my busa to. My brother is right foot down as well except he's always in neutral. I do go both down alot to stretch

Old 06-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by andyriot
i use both feet just for stability factor. i guess that can be considered saftey. what happens when you guys put only your left foot down and its a slippery spot on the road and down goes you and your bike? with both legs down i dont hardly have to balance the bike as my weight sitting on it pretty much keeps it still. when on one leg, you are balancing it and putting more weight on your leg which seems like unneeded strain on the muscles. granted its not a lot but the point is valid enough to make i think.

also ill use the front handbrake to flash when cars approach. why do you all use your foot? i mean our hands are already on the bars why not make use of them
Might be an illusion but I also feel more 'ready' to take off with one foot on the pegs. Both feet down, guess I feel like I'm less prepared to do something if needed. With the rear brake, it's in my head prolly. I look at it more as a 'utility': it's there to aid in getting things done

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
naturally I selected Perfect balance because i'm awesome.
Who you trying to play?!? We all know you make your poor fiancee hop off at lights and hold you up. That's why she wants her own bike: she's tired of being your training wheels

Old 06-27-2010, 01:52 PM

Hah you're right Kuro. Thats how I put her to work, I figure its good exercise to keep those glutes in shape.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:37 PM

i'm too short and can't put both feet down flat so i just leave my left foot down and right foot on the brake so i dont roll away with the bike leaning over a little haha

Old 06-27-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Hah you're right Kuro. Thats how I put her to work, I figure its good exercise to keep those glutes in shape.
Obviously she isn't a member here and she doesn't peek over your shoulder.

If I wrote anything like that, sleeping on the couch would be for my own safety

Old 06-27-2010, 04:18 PM

Not to bash u Kuroshio, but seriously?????? There are a million other things to pay attention to on the roads and ur focasing on riders footwork????? one word: wow....

Old 06-27-2010, 04:28 PM

LOL pimpn, you don't know Kuroshiro, do you?

K: MSF teaches dropping the left foot first, so the right stays on the rear brake. They dock you points if you drop the right first. If we assume what MSF teaches is the "correct" method, then left is where it should be.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
Not to bash u Kuroshio, but seriously?????? There are a million other things to pay attention to on the roads and ur focasing on riders footwork????? one word: wow....
What can I say? When I see another rider I
  1. Check their technique
  2. Check their gear
  3. Check their bike

In that order. The way some of the people ride here in Philly, you need to know when its time to GTFO of Dodge

Quick Reply: Which foot?