Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Food stamps

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Food stamps

I work in a grocery store part-time and i see this **** all the time. It pisses me off, I'm workign freakin hard to make some money while im in school and than i see them buying stakes, crab, shrip on food stamps and than they go buy beer. Or it also pisses me off if they have a bunch of tattos, if oyu have money to spend on tattos they you hsould have money to buy food. It also ticks me off then every child thats with them has a freakin cell phone. I didint ever have one till i was like 20 and had to pay by myself.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Retired Moderator

That's exactly right! In general it is hard to make a living wage. Thus, the advent of the two income family. You get your check and say to yourself, "You bastards! I worked way harder than this." When I was a kid, we were pretty poor, but we never went on public assistance. We would have to eat beans and ricethe last week of every month (it seemed like anyway). Sometimes there was ham in it, or bacon (like that was fooling anyone). So Pawel, you're scraping by, putting yourself through college, and you see Ma and Pa white trash buying the good stuff while you are eating ramen again. That sucks! Maybe the government should work on the welfare of it's most valuable commodity...it's hard workers. This "give me your tired, your poor" bull$hit just doesn't cut it. Yow...I think I just popped a blood vesel in my forehead!

Old 02-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bushmasterAR15

but since you use my tax money to ride, god, and myself, and probably voodoo forgive you.
I said I dont take your tax money, but if you want to give me some money to ride thats coo. And my bike, navigator, envoy, and my place are all paid for with cash, my hard earned cash. So I think the Navigator in a park wearin polos phrase is flawed.
yea i know, i was jokin, sarcasm doesnt carry well with typing. i think you might be the 1 exception to that rule, but where im from, theres not many exceptions like that, come to raleigh and ill take u around where im talkin about itll make you sick to see the **** that goes on....

oh and fat guy.....who buys 400 bucks worth of grocerys at 5:45 am anyway? im guessing you were either going to or coming from work, but what was her deal

Old 02-18-2007, 03:35 PM

I think a good system would be like WIC. You can only buy certain brands of cereal, milk, cheese, meat, rice, bread so on. I agree with what everyone has said thus far. Way back,I had acouple times in my lifeI've been eligible for assistance but outright refused. I figure I'm a healthy man, capable of working a second or even third job if I had to and my family has always been taken care of. Kids have nice clean clothes, bills are paid, meat, potatoes and at least one veggieon the table every night. I had some friends a bit back, Mom cleaned houses, dad pulled parts at a junk yard, one kid, and they were on assistance, but they didn't smoke, drink or anything. They're house wasn't much but what they did have was clean and the kid was well dressed and had nice school supplies and all. Dad got a second job during the holidays so they could afford presents. There are those out there who need it and don't abuse it, who are trying to get ahead and need a hand, then, like anything, you have the others.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:26 AM

I really can't stand government assistance programs! I know they are meant to help those who REALLY are in need, but a few bad apples find a way to spoil it for the whole bunch. In all fairness, I'm sure there are a few poeple out there who use the programs as they were intended, and do not abuse them.

On the other hand, the government has taken at least one step to clean up the problem: the electronic food stamp. At least with this ATM-like card, abusers can't get coin change back. I used to work at a grocery store years ago when paper food stamps were still used. We had this customer with 4 kids who would give each of them a $1 stamp. Each kid would go through a different checkout line and buy a $0.25 pack of gum. The kids would then go give the mom the change, which was about $0.72 per kid. With the mom and 4 kids, that's over $3.50 per visit to the store.

There's no telling how many stores they would go to throughout the day. There's no telling how much of OUR hard-earned money was spent to buy god-knows-what, and the horrible life lessons her kids learned.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

It is an unfortunate coincidence that you drive the "vehicle of the year" as far as stereotypes go...
Haha, that's hilarious!

Yeah - the system sucks and seeing those exact people every day for the last 4 years lends itself to my cynical outlook on the world and the people who inhabit it.

Though I'm an outgoing person and get along with everyone, I tend to generally not like people as a whole! Sounds weird, but true.\

People suck.