Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

first timer jidders

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first timer jidders

yeah i fnally got my new bike!!!!!! but this is my first bike and i have to be honest just looking at this bike makes me a little nervouse![sm=hail.gif]also my frined told me almost always if you get a 600 as your first you will wreck! any words of wisdom? lol

Old 12-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned
Default RE: first timer jidders

my frined told me almost always if you get a 600 as your first you will wreck! any words of wisdom?
You'll almost always crash on any bike, the problems with sportbikes is they get you into bigger trouble faster

Wisdom????.....Ride slowly for a few thousand miles and you'll be OK.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:43 PM

just take it easy and slow, know your limits, respect the bike, always wear gear, and take a safey rider course...

Old 12-02-2008, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: feliped

just take it easy and slow, know your limits, respect the bike, always wear gear, and take a safey rider course...

Words of wisdom right there.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:45 PM

take MSF and take your time. and always wear your gear. if you are scared, you probably should rethink your position on owning a bike.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on MSF!

i remember the first time i tookmy bike out on the road, i was pretty nervous as well, and i remember going about 30 mph on a 50 mph road [8D]i was getting passed by grannies in geo metros!

Old 12-02-2008, 04:06 PM

+1000 on the MSF course. Just take your time to get the know the bike and slow push. You have to crawl before you walk. Unless you can just start running straight out the gate.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have met people that have never had a stack, but the odds are not in your favour. However the 1st ones are usually the slow type or over balancing on the stop. As all have said, do a riders course. It will greatly improve your %, you will meet some nice people & maybe some riding buddies & give you some skills that could take years to discover. And by the way, good on ya.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

be confident when riding. if you feel un sure or panicky pull over, take a breather and get back on. most accidents can be avoided (except for those damn deers [:@]), learn to scan ahead and when riding next to traffic learn to "read" the other drivers. these are all things that they will teach you in a msf course.

have fun ! if you are too uptight and think wayy to much into it you will start to panic and that is never good. its just like sex, you shouldnt have to look at what your doing you. listen to the bike the way she is acting and you will know everything you need to (when to shift, how much pressure to apply on the handle bars during a turn..etc)

Quick Reply: first timer jidders