Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

First ride on the freeway, WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First ride on the freeway, WOW!

ill start poking around then

Old 04-21-2008, 04:05 PM

Not sure on a backpack but personally my opinion on ear buds is that i dont like them. For me riding is a chance to clear my head and listen to my thoughts. i work out a lot of my problems just giving myself time to think...also stay the f*** away from ALL trucks on the highway. Last year on my way to work i heard what sounded like a bomb go off. Truck tire blew. The truck was a little bit in front of me in the next lane over. Had tread go about a foot from my head and sent me begging for the shoulder. Just be careful.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: CBR13F2

Not sure on a backpack but personally my opinion on ear buds is that i dont like them. For me riding is a chance to clear my head and listen to my thoughts. i work out a lot of my problems just giving myself time to think...also stay the f*** away from ALL trucks on the highway. Last year on my way to work i heard what sounded like a bomb go off. Truck tire blew. The truck was a little bit in front of me in the next lane over. Had tread go about a foot from my head and sent me begging for the shoulder. Just be careful.
That's funny you said that, cause that's my BIGGEST fear on the highway...Those cheap *** re-treads. My dad took one in his car windshield last year. When I get by a truck, I downshift and pass as quickly as possible.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:10 PM

thanks. i like working ON THE COAST because if i take surface streets home (20 miles or so) i get a great view for most of the ride

Old 04-21-2008, 04:13 PM

Dakine make great backpacks. They have a chest strap and a waist strap. Has a bunch of pockets. And a lot of room.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:14 PM

ah sweet ill look at those

Old 04-21-2008, 04:19 PM

This is the new version of mine.
http://www.dakine.com/sport-packs/snow/mission/

Old 04-21-2008, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

ORIGINAL: CBR13F2

That's funny you said that, cause that's my BIGGEST fear on the highway...Those cheap *** re-treads. My dad took one in his car windshield last year. When I get by a truck, I downshift and pass as quickly as possible.

honestly without a doubt the scariest shyt i have ever encountered on a bike. 4 years of riding and i thought for sure that i was checking out that time.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Domin8

im riding as much as i can and with more experienced responsible riders as often as i can. My buddy has an R1 and he showed me how to take turns and look through them and my dads friend has an aprilia 1000 and he's going to take me out this weekend to ride with him.
Welcome to the forum. Please, do yourself and your loved ones a favor and take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic Rider Course. A lot of what they cover might seem obvious, but that one new thing you learn or that sticks in your mind could be the one that saves your life some day.

Regarding your question, I almost always wear ear plugs when I ride. I feel it makes it a lot easier to relax and concentrate, and I don't get fatigued as fast.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Munson
Welcome to the forum. Please, do yourself and your loved ones a favor and take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic Rider Course. A lot of what they cover might seem obvious, but that one new thing you learn or that sticks in your mind could be the one that saves your life some day.

Regarding your question, I almost always wear ear plugs when I ride. I feel it makes it a lot easier to relax and concentrate, and I don't get fatigued as fast.
thanks, i'm signed up for the class actually . i take the classroom portion tomorrow night, and the riding parts this coming weekend

Quick Reply: First ride on the freeway, WOW!