Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fireman Arrested During Rescue

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fireman Arrested During Rescue

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

For every Jimmyson you find I can give you 20 cops who know better. This is not an attackon you, Jimmyson, but youropnion is not only flawed (as I already pointed out), but it deviates from the standards set forth by those who have given their lives before you in the name of more stringent training and education methods.
With all due respect, if you only knew what you were talking about. Who cares if the highway backs up, it will happen reguardless due to rubber necking. It only deviates from your standards: My goal as well as every other offers goal, past, present and future is to go home in one peice at the end of our tour.

#1 scene saftey,ie: rescue personell saftey
#2 tend to patients
#3 everthing else ie:clear roadway, clear unnecessary persons from scene (firemen, witness, ect...)

Did you know that the #1 way an officer is killed on duty is car accident, resulting both from driving and other drivers hitting officers on accident scenes and durring traffic direction. THAT IS FACT

Heres the pharse that is drilled into us in the police academy, Arive and return safely. That fire truck is maintaining scene safety.

Now I dont direct you on what is right and wrong and tell you how things should be run in your line of work. So please dont attempt to tell anyone else or even refer to those who have fallen in the line of duty.

That copmade thewrong choice, he does in fact have control of the scene and what goes on. He has every right to tell the fire personell to leave. He obviously had disregard for his safety as well as everyone elses. Not to mention underlying issues with the fire department.