Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fireman Arrested During Rescue

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fireman Arrested During Rescue

Im a cop in Connecticut, i95 between the NY state line and say exit 15 is the most deadly strech of Highway in the state, accidents, deaths, serious injury on a almost daily basis. I like the fire trucks comming up and blocking off two lane of the three lane highway. We have had officers hit on the freeway in the past and one lost his leg.

heres the link to the emergency 911 video of it:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMwYw0EZMiE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMwYw0EZMiE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Old 03-12-2008, 08:06 PM
RCR

There it is ^^^ No further discussion needed. The cop was wrong.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:23 PM

It does look like the fire truck could have been over a little bit but I do not think the truck over 1 lane would have made anything better or worse. You guys are right the first thing should have been the guy in the car not moving the truck.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Banned

Hey Jimmyson, I respect your opinion, but the problem is when you start blocking highways, you are lulled into a false sense of security.

I've never said it wouldn't make anyone feel less comfortable. Quite the contrary, people would naturally feel safer with a big red firetruck blocking everything. Unfortunately, and you must know this to be true - no amount of sirens and flashing lights will keep you safe when it comes to people driving at highway speeds.

RCR, humorous. No further discussion needed, huh?

Any agency worth it's state funding has seen it's unfortunate share of officers hit on the highway. It's a sad truth that will be repeated.

However, notice that Jimmyson said, "I like a truck blocking the lane." And has your academt/agency trained you to block traffic on a busy highway for anything short of a catastrophe? I think not.

I'm curious... out of the handfull of law enforcement that has participated in this thread, Jimmyson is the only one who has said he would prefer the firetruck blocking traffic. So why does his opinion reign supreme? This whole thing has gotten to be comical.

That's okay, I will leave the thread alone now - apparently bickering and, "I told ya sos" are the only thing anyone really wants to say anyway.

For every Jimmyson you find I can give you 20 cops who know better. This is not an attackon you, Jimmyson, but youropnion is not only flawed (as I already pointed out), but it deviates from the standards set forth by those who have given their lives before you in the name of more stringent training and education methods.

If it makes you feelwarm and fuzzy insideto say the cop was wrong, knock yourselves out.

Here is my final take;

The cop had a lawful right to request the truck be moved (can anyone argue that? Nope)

The fireman had an obligation to attend to the victim, not get in a pissing match. (that's why we send them to fireman school and not traffic enforcement school - it's not their fault they don't know any better)

The cop was a dumbass for arresting a firefighter on an accident scene... no matter how much the fireboy wanted to **** and moan and whine like a sniveling little girl.

They deserve each others ignorant selves... have I said that before?

I apologize for not consulting you earlier, RCR. Is it okay that I posted here after you closed it?

Old 03-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Banned

Terry, that proves nothing about what I am saying.

I only said the cop had a lawful right to request the truck be moved. NOT to arrest the fireman - how can you guys repeatedly not see what I am saying?

I have been very patient and done my very best to keep this civil - but I'm really getting sick of you guys twisting my words.

I can't be any more clear. There was a completely lawful request made to the driver of the firetruck - and he should have moved it. ANYTHING after that fact is not relating to what I was saying.

He had a right to request the truck be moved - that's it. I never said he should have arrested him - WHICH IS WHERE THE PAYDAY CAME FROM.

ONE LAST THING - You really find your last question to me logical, Terry? If someone is going to run into the back of 3 squad cars and an ambulance - full lights and sirens - what makes you think a single red truck is any different?

The name of the game is to keep that traffic moving so it doesn't cause congestion, which translates into people not paying attention when they should then BAM - they smack right in to the back of a perfectly red firetruck.

A slow moving interstate can be and frequently is, more dangerous than an interstate full of people doing 20 over. It isn't science...

You guys need put your emotions aside for one fricken minute. Understand there is a whole world beyond your noses.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Terry, that proves nothing about what I am saying.

I only said the cop had a lawful right to request the truck be moved. NOT to arrest the fireman - how can you guys repeatedly not see what I am saying?

I have been very patient and done my very best to keep this civil - but I'm really getting sick of you guys twisting my words.

I can't be any more clear. There was a completely lawful request made to the driver of the firetruck - and he should have moved it. ANYTHING after that fact is not relating to what I was saying.

He had a right to request the truck be moved - that's it. I never said he should have arrested him - WHICH IS WHERE THE PAYDAY CAME FROM.

ONE LAST THING - You really find your last question to me logical, Terry? If someone is going to run into the back of 3 squad cars and an ambulance - full lights and sirens - what makes you think a single red truck is any different?

The name of the game is to keep that traffic moving so it doesn't cause congestion, which translates into people not paying attention when they should then BAM - they smack right in to the back of a perfectly red firetruck.

A slow moving interstate can be and frequently is, more dangerous than an interstate full of people doing 20 over. It isn't science...

You guys need put your emotions aside for one fricken minute. Understand there is a whole world beyond your noses.
You have been clear.......clearly wrong lol.

The difference between running into the cars/ambulance/people and running into a firetruck is that the firetruck wont move and will keep everybody alive.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:52 PM

Kidcrenshaw you posted 13 times already in this thread already but after you tell people you respect their opinions you go on and on about how they are wrong. I don't want to change your mind, that is respecting your opinion. I am done with this thread.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:20 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

I apologize for not consulting you earlier, RCR. Is it okay that I posted here after you closed it?

Nope its closed!!!

Just reading your replies makes me think. Are you on the rag? or our your panties in a bunch? Your a little to pissy about this thread.

Most of us don't see what you see. I just for some reason don't think HMMMM that truck could of moved over to the next lane and only caused a 45 min back up instead of an hour. The traffic is going to stop and look no matter what. Im for sure going to slow down and look at the accident after sitting in line for so long, Kinda reminds me of Disneyland 2hr wait for 49 sec ride weeeeeeee!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 10:28 PM

Wow. I'm shocked.

I wonder what was going through the officers mind at the time of the arrest?

Im not a cop basher, as I have very little runins with them. But some of them do abuse their power. And Im sure there have been other situations where the Police have been knocked around.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: jimmyson

Im a cop in Connecticut, i95 between the NY state line and say exit 15 is the most deadly strech of Highway in the state, accidents, deaths, serious injury on a almost daily basis. I like the fire trucks comming up and blocking off two lane of the three lane highway. We have had officers hit on the freeway in the past and one lost his leg.

heres the link to the emergency 911 video of it:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMwYw0EZMiE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMwYw0EZMiE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

same way here in va, trucks are trained to be a blockade to protect rescue and safety personal since rubber neckers dont pay attn and run into public safety personal, hence if the truck wasnt there in this case an idiot could have run into the back of the other pd car and in turn made the wreck worse. again saying the truck was in the right and had protection on his mind for his crew, pd was wrong in what they were doing at the time and should have delt with it a lil better.

Quick Reply: Fireman Arrested During Rescue