Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fireman Arrested During Rescue

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fireman Arrested During Rescue

Sorry - didn't mean to come off as attacking in that post, Jackalo. Just trying to help people see all the angles instead of two-dimensional judgements that most people claim as fact.

Nothing personal!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:16 PM

I guess the cops bad record didn't help him in court. LOL

Old 03-10-2008, 08:39 PM

Do they make cops take IQ tests??

Old 03-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I guess another thing that I don't know is if the say, his chief told the officer's in a meeting do what they can to keep the lanes open. Hard for me to say who is right or wrong here. The officer was already blocking the lane immediately adjacent to the accident. I think it's a no win situation. It would have been better to sit down and have a discussion about it later.

I also don't know procedure, but it looks like paramedics were already there. I can't tell, but it looks like the driver wasn't actually trapped in the vehicle. Why wouldn't the paramedics be responsible for the extraction at that point. I really don't know enough here to make a good judgement. Depending on both viewpoints, they both can be viewed as right.

Besides, the whole thing was the cagers fault for getting into a stupid accident on the highway to begin with. Don't they know to have the accident off some country road where there is no traffic?

Old 03-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Banned

EMT/Firefighter/paramedic = same thing these days. They're, for the most part, all EMT II certified/first responders.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:04 PM

a lot of cops have died due to the stupid drivers that can not understand to move to the next lane. what that pumper driver did was a very smart idea. not only did it protect the man with the back injury, but it also protected the fire fighters and the police. some people just get power hungry and think they run everything...

Old 03-10-2008, 10:23 PM
RCR

I see it all the time Accident= firetruck in middle of the road. I don't get pissed at the truck I get pissed at the idiot that rear ended someone else and made me sit in a traffic jam for an hour.....

Most people are so distracted while driving they don't even realize traffic has stopped due to an accident and they cause another. How many times have you passed an accident and a few hundred yards past it there is another fender bender....

If I were thesupervisor I would of argued with the cop for endangering my crews lives. Just think I would be 18K richer right now or suspended for punching the cop on video[:@]

Old 03-11-2008, 05:00 AM

When the cop ordered the truck the move the chief already had the guy stabilized with the emt's. (They were first on scene) He then went back to tell the truck to stay and went immediately back to work... I didn’t see any puffing of chests... the captain just told him why he needed to stay there…

Sorry to call it out but I mean the dude jumped out of a moving truck to stabilize the patient first. Only when he felt the cop was endangering his crew did he run back and tell the driver not to move... Then went right back to work... and it didn’t look like they needed the Jaws of Life for that one... Just a simplec-collar maybe...

The whole thing could have been sorted out after the incident… bad timing on the cop’s part.

Then again I am biased my dad and 4 friends are all firefighters and I was going for my emt... but changed majors now.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:07 AM

i have and unc who is a cop, i do bash cops but only when the cop deserve it, this guy defanitly does, so wrong.[sm=chairshot.gif][sm=badidea.gif]

Old 03-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a cop and that cop was totally in the wrong. Deal with the hose puller later. Deal with the situation first.

Quick Reply: Fireman Arrested During Rescue