Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

finally made the switch!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Far more comfortable pulling apart PCs. I'd be afraid if I pulled open a Mac, I'd find Jobs' Soul Collection Capacitor on the MB somewhere. Besides, I've been dealing with hardware so long I remember when it was easier to take a hammer to your Mac and buy a new one than get it serviced. Wasn't very office friendly from a support standpoint, having to deprive a user of their computer for weeks to do a simple upgrade / fix.

And the lack of native support by game / software developers (yes I know I could dual boot with windows but at that point, why not buy a windows PC?). For simple internet browsing, I have an iPad (when I can pry it out of my girlfriend's hands) But when I need to get serious, I turn on the Windows laptop (or grab my girlfriend's laptop now collecting dust).

Addendum: there's far more money in Windows support than Mac support. It may be because the PCs need more support (not really). It also could be because there are far more Windows based PCs in the home / business environment than Macs
I was like tat until I got a Mac G4, its the easiest opening case I own to date lol. The PowerPC format (IBM, which is funny since Jobs hated IBM lol) is diff but not hard to work on. The cost of the Macs is what skeered me the most with the what if I break it factor lol.

Agreed game support sux for the Macs, PC/windows is the most widely used because of cost, not because its really better lol. I like both tho

Old 01-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

J, I take it all back!