Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

finally made the switch!

Old 01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up finally made the switch!

In lieu of some recent computer problems I've finally departed from the use of my dinosaur browser (IE 6 lol). Downloaded Chrome last night and am updating ie as I send this from my phone (i have to have ie for work). After running registry mechanic, multiple defrags, deleting thousands of songs and a bunch of programs I think there is still a little bit of hope for my laptop. (dell inspiron e1505)Chrome is already syncd to my phone browser. Too cool

Old 01-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Hey Joe, just curious, have you tried Firefox? A friend of mine told me he had switched from IE6 or IE7 to Google Chrome and loved it, then a couple weeks later he switched to Firefox and said he liked it much better than Chrome. About that time I switched to Firefox and I like it a lot better than IE. I'm still fairly new to the whole internet/computer/technology thing so I'm not trying to give advice, I'm just asking if you've tried FF. Maybe some of our other members could give their opinions on the different browser options available.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:22 PM

I've used ff before but not very familiar with it. Chrome seems to have a more simple interface and simple+technology=good.

With that being said I think my next pc will be a MAC.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:25 PM

I like FF over IE. It was more secure when I switched; I don't know how secure IE is now. Been using FF for many many years now. I haven't experimented with chrome at all, but I've always heard good things about it.

In the old days IE was a last resort browser. To me, it still is. I will have to use it every once in a while, there are still some apps or w/e that will only run on IE.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:27 PM

I've used ff before but not very familiar with it. Chrome seems to have a more simple interface and simple+technology=good.

With that being said I think my next pc will be a MAC.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:43 PM

IE sucks. I use Chrome. I'm computer retarded and it helps me.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Exactly!

Old 01-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
You dress a pit bull in cardigans and call an exotic bike like a 600rr "Lois"... Only "computer retarded"???

Hope Kane has packed on a few more pounds. Just in case he hasn't tho, we've been letting Kai play with the younger puppies... He's even learned not to hip check or shoulder throw em

Old 01-08-2011, 10:17 PM

i personally prefer firefox to chrome, however i last tried chrome a 1.5 years ago, so maybe they smoothed it out some.

seriously you should back up your data, burn some restore disks, and do a fresh install of xp/vista. guarantee it'll run faster. if your running norton or mcaffee kill your subscription and run microsoft security essentials(or almost any other).

Old 01-08-2011, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
You dress a pit bull in cardigans and call an exotic bike like a 600rr "Lois"... Only "computer retarded"???

Hope Kane has packed on a few more pounds. Just in case he hasn't tho, we've been letting Kai play with the younger puppies... He's even learned not to hip check or shoulder throw em
Don't you worry Kuro - I have Kane on a strict diet of Shiba Inu hearts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: finally made the switch!