Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fallen Harley Rider...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fallen Harley Rider...

I attended a memorial for the rider below this past Friday. It was a very beautiful memorial with a huge turnout and a very somber tone for a man that left behind a new wife and baby girl. I only met him a handful of times and showed up out of respect to his father, whom I know much better and is a very close friend of my family. [/align][/align]From what I heard, he was racing a friend and took a turn too hard. The guy he was riding with was at the service and looked absolutely devastated. I don't condone what happened, but most of us have engaged in a little friendly semi-competative speeding once or twice and my heart goes out to him as well as the family of the victim. He was a close friend to Mikey and I'm sure that this even will stay with him forever. RIP...[/align][/align]Motorcyclist dies in Bethel Park[/align]Monday, October 06, 2008[/align]Pittsburgh Post-Gazette[/align]
A West Mifflin man died Saturday night after losing control of his motorcycle and crashing into a telephone pole, according to the Allegheny County medical examiner's office.
Michael Milto, 33, was riding on Broughton Road in Bethel Park yesterday when he crashed his motorcycle at about 6:45 p.m. Mr. Milto, who was not wearing a helmet, died instantly of blunt force trauma to the head, torso and extremities, according to medical examiners.[/align]

Old 10-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Default RE: Fallen Harley Rider...

RIP, never good to hear things like this. My best wishes to the affected family

Old 10-14-2008, 02:13 PM

Sorry to hear it Buss... but this comes with the territory of riding motorcycles. I have come to learn very quickly that as a rider, your going to make friends due to bikes and your going to lose friends due to bikes as well... it's never good when a family is left behind, especially kids.

RIP

Old 10-14-2008, 04:25 PM

No helmet? There is no helmet law in PA? Never understood why you wouldnt want to wear a helmet.. but hey different strokes for different folks. R.I.P.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The no helmet thing I understand, Ebinz. I learned to ride on a dirtbike before moving to my ninja, then my current 954. One time I rode the dirtbike around without the helmet and having the wind rushing through my hair and completely unobstructed view was incredibly exciting. Then I got hit in the face with a bee. No sting, but at 30mph it hurt like an almighty bitch. I now wear a full helmet.

On a more serious note, I'm really sorry to hear that Shoort. My father rides a Harley and we often ride together. I know that he's totally fine given his 40 or so years of riding, but I always think about what would happen with a simple mistake.

Take care of yourself, hoss.