Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Investigation gone wrong (NSFW, SERIOUSLY)

Old 10-12-2008, 03:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Investigation gone wrong (NSFW, SERIOUSLY)

Im calling it a night...

I leave you with this.. hope I still have an account in the morning!

[sm=badbadbad.gif]

MUSCOY, Calif. A man who shot and wounded a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy during a traffic stop in Muscoy on Friday morning killed himself an hour later while alone inside a sheriff's interview room with a pistol he apparently sneaked into the building, officials said.

Sheriff Gary Penrod said officers failed to adequately search the man, identified by the San Bernardino County Coroner's office as Ricardo Alfonso Cerna, 47, of San Bernardino.

The deputy shot during the traffic stop, Mike Parham, 31, is in critical but stable condition and is expected to recover, officials said.

In an extraordinary move, a 13-minute surveillance-camera video that included footage of the man's suicide was shown by the Sheriff's Department to reporters, the leaders of local Latino groups and officials from the Mexican consulate to quash any questions regarding the department's treatment of Hispanic subjects.

The video shows Cerna pulling a .45-caliber handgun from his pants and firing one shot into his left temple.

"The best way to dispel any rumors was to have the media view this tape," said Undersheriff Bob Peppler.

The video, which sheriff's officials said was unedited, begins with Cerna being brought into an interview room where Sheriff's Sgt. Bobby Dean uncuffed him and had him sit in a chair in front of a table.

Cerna, looking tired and disheveled, only spoke briefly and in Spanish, replying to questions from Dean.

He leaned down on the table on his right arm for much of the time, occasionally rubbing his head, his nose and eyes with his hand, and coughing a few times. His eyes were downcast, only looking up a couple times when speaking to Dean. He responded with a short, tired laugh when Dean asked him the Spanish word for wallet and he responded " cartera."

At one point, Dean took Cerna out of the interview room for about four minutes to have his fingerprints scanned electronically. The man was brought back shortly because the machine wasn't working at the time, officials said.

Shortly after they returned, someone brought in a bottle of water and a cup of coffee for Dean. Dean stepped out of the room, leaving Cerna alone.

Cernasat down with his back against the wall, took the cap off the water bottle, took two gulps, and put the bottle down. He started breathing heavily, pulled a large handgun from the front of his pants with his left hand and shot himself in the left temple.

The video ended with an expletive from Dean off camera.

DO YOU DARE WATCH?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms6gXp6F8iM

EDIT:
Since youtube cant handle reality here is another link:
***BEWARE*** SITE IS NOT FOR THE LIGHT HEARTED.

http://www.thatsphucked.com/post/200...elf-Video.aspx

Old 10-12-2008, 03:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Investigation gone wrong (NSFW, SERIOUSLY)

stayed up surfing the forumcuz i couldn't go to sleep now this just adds to the problem [sm=headbang.gif]...SICK bro!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:44 AM

I saw that one a while ago.. it's pretty unreal guys so click that link with caution.

On another note the officers' responses are kinda off.. I dunno.. they're just like.. "Aw.. dammit" They don't seem very surprised as much as just kinda disappointed. The one officer just walks in and picks the stuff up off of the table and walks out.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:49 AM

omg

Old 10-12-2008, 05:16 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Imagine if he'd decided to take a cop or two with him........[:-]
Moral of the story - SEARCH YOUR PRISONER........!!!!!!!
Very harsh.......probably not a 45 or if so, a low speed load, looks like no exit wound.....
Sad.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:06 AM

I was wondering about the lack of exit myself. Like was said, low-speed load, or a very thick skull. And really, how do you expect the cops to react? Dude just shot one of their brothers, you expect them to come in there screaming and wailing? I'm half surprised I didn't hear cheering...I know I'm certainly not going to feel bad for a dumb **** who shoots a cop and then takes his own life...less scumbags on the street makes for a better America.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:27 AM

Holy ****!!! thats a 1911, NOT A SMALL GUN. thats why i always search my prisoners even though the officers say they have searched them. thats crazy.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Banned

Sheriff Gary Penrod said officers failed to adequately search the man
it sounds like Gary is a smart guy. I will sleep better at night knowing that men like him are on the public payroll.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: txn_driver

Holy ****!!! thats a 1911, NOT A SMALL GUN. thats why i always search my prisoners even though the officers say they have searched them. thats crazy.
My grandfather had a 1911 but converted it to a 22.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:44 AM

yea, i've seen that before, ive always wondered what he did to get in the holding cell.... glad the cop recovered

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Investigation gone wrong (NSFW, SERIOUSLY)