CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   ever done anything to someone who cut you off? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/ever-done-anything-someone-who-cut-you-off-43171/)

ptowntsi 06-28-2007 05:25 AM

ever done anything to someone who cut you off?

Like punch their window, door, kick their car, yell at them, etc?

i have a buddy who swears that he has kicked dents in car doors on the freeway when they have tried merging into him down in Los Angeles traffic.

what about you? I was really close to doing something rash the other night and i'm glad i stopped where I did. I was trying to make a yellow light on a left hand turn and while it was still yellow a guy turned right directly in front of me. I had to stand the bike up in the turn, brake and run onto the sidewalk!! when i finally caught up with him i rapped my fist slider on his window and flipped him off. he just kept goin, didnt even really look at me.

jaynd 06-28-2007 06:22 AM

RE: ever done anything to someone who cut you off?

damn that sucks. idk, for me........personal pastexperience has taught me road rage will get you no where, or even dead. i had a guy going the wrong way in a one way parking lot (angled parking) as i was driving my car into the lot i couldnt see him behind the cars, but as i made the turn he flew around the parked cars and almost collided w/ me. i almost hit a few parked cars trying to swerve away from his big ass SUV and i yelled out the window "its one f*****g way a*****e!" and kept going about my buisiness. i got to the stop sign at the end of the lot and noticed these familiar headlights behind me, lol. i pulled out and so did they. they ended up following me to my destination down the street and (in the middle of the night) locked up brakes in gravel.......slid up next to me.........and began shouting at me. he was threatening me w/ "hollow points" telling me to repeat what i had said. i never looked at him, but i could tell he had his hand up in the air and in my direction.........gun...or pointing at me.......idk. i never repeated myself nor did i look at him. his wife kept begging him to drop it and just leave. then my ex g/f's brother.....whom i was there to pick up from his work........began to try to calm the guy and to get him to leave. finally some older gentleman pulled up and the man left.

that has taught me to really just leave well enough alone when it comes to road rage. sure you may not be in the wrong and someone could have REALLY screwed you or cut you off.......but you never know to what extreme that person is going to take it to in retaliation of you're road rage.

just my 2cents.

Blue Fox 06-28-2007 06:59 AM

I usually lay on the horn for a while. And if I pull up next to them at a stop light, I just stare at them (very menacing when you have a dark smoke visor.) :D

Freebie 06-28-2007 08:36 AM

I get road rage quite frequently (People around Charlottesville don't know how to drive properly), but I've always been able to keep it in check. What scares me is the stories I've read on here where people on their bikes have been "attacked" while riding. I ALWAYS carry heat with me when I ride, just to protect myself from other people who may get rage against me. That guy threatening you with "hollow points" was WAAAAAY out of line, and probably bluffing, unless he was mentally unstable. In either case, I wouldn't take the chance.

Honestly, I find myself more calm and courteous when I'm packing. Don't know why, but I drive less aggressively and am more courteous and less apt to get road rage.

About the worst thing I've done in the past was to follow some guy who was tailgating me through a construction zone (I was obeying the limit), pulled up beside me and yelled something. I followed him to a stop light, got out of my truck and beat on his window telling him to get the "f" out. He panicked and ran the red light to get away from me.

More recently, I had some guy in a Mazda6 who was tailgating me while I was on my bike. I pulled over to let him pass and did the 1-finger wave as he went by. I wasn't going to, but he tried to go by me so close as I was pulling over that I thought he was going to hit my mirror.

fuze 06-28-2007 09:47 AM

Worst i've done is turned around and gave the tailgater the finger. Ive been cut off so hard a few time's i've had to lane split to make it through a situation, but i didn't do anything but keep riding. I always think i'll do something, then i think what if the guy i go up to has a gun.

TheX 06-28-2007 10:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Freebie
I ALWAYS carry heat with me when I ride, just to protect myself from other people who may get rage against me.
Hahaha, funny story. I love tough guys, they're so secksi....then they wake up.

WhiteDealershipRice 06-28-2007 11:52 AM

I've seen these magnets (some company sells them, I can't find the thread right now) for about $5 for a pack of 10.
Its like the Soccer (futbol) yellow warning cards they give to the players for un-sportsman like behaviour on the field (another infraction like that, and they get a "red card" meaning they are thrown out of the rest of the game, without substitution, and probably fined as well, so it's very bad for the team to get "red carded")

It seems like a very gentelmanly way of dealing with idiots on the road, with the exeption that you'll have to get close enough to touch the car... putting you at risk.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12341/BA43843DB88D4DEBA75C37CA6E29C8D7.jpg[/IMG]

Triax 06-28-2007 12:16 PM

that a cool idea but when someone cuts me off it doesn't put me in a gentleman like state of mind. You almosted killed me so here's a nice yellow magnet to let you know you distrubed me.

TennesseeCBRF2 06-28-2007 12:32 PM

There was a lady in an Escalade who was talking on her cell phone. I was in the right lane beside her, even with the rear doors. She just decided to switch to my lane, no signal or anything. I laid on the horn, downshifted, and opened up to wide open throttle. Her front bumper missed my rear tire by not much at all. I turned around and motioned with my hand for her to hang up the phone... she just kept on talking so I flipped her off for a good 5 seconds.

Sproutf3 06-28-2007 01:00 PM

If people tail gate me i do about 15 mph untill they back off....had an asshole in a vett that kept backin off and runnin up on me like he was gunna hit me....:0\ i just kicked it and changed lanes...i win anyway cuz he's drivin the vett to compensate for his other short comings...if they cut me off, not much i can do besides pay attention rev and honk....at night the highbeams work awesome, point it right at their side mirror's

Bloodhound 06-28-2007 02:49 PM

I want some of those magnets!:)

And I do have a set of Icon Hooligan gloves with white paint from a Ford Econoline van trying to occupy the same lane as I...had to throw a left to his door as he was talking on the phone and trying to get intimate with me. He was scared s***less and apologized at the next light for coming close to hitting me...turns out he was a motorcyclist too...

900RR Puzzle 06-28-2007 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: fuze

Worst i've done is turned around and gave the tailgater the finger. Ive been cut off so hard a few time's i've had to lane split to make it through a situation, but i didn't do anything but keep riding. I always think i'll do something, then i think what if the guy i go up to has a gun.
+1

It happens too often here in the "state of the newly wed and nearly dead" to let it bother me too much. I usually just try to stay as far away from the offender as possible afterward. It's not worth getting all worked up over.

BlindinOrange 06-28-2007 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

I've seen these magnets (some company sells them, I can't find the thread right now) for about $5 for a pack of 10.
Its like the Soccer (futbol) yellow warning cards they give to the players for un-sportsman like behaviour on the field (another infraction like that, and they get a "red card" meaning they are thrown out of the rest of the game, without substitution, and probably fined as well, so it's very bad for the team to get "red carded")

It seems like a very gentelmanly way of dealing with idiots on the road, with the exeption that you'll have to get close enough to touch the car... putting you at risk.

http://www.netrider.net.au/?page=merchandise

jutsin 06-28-2007 03:50 PM

I was driving on the interstate in fairly heavy traffic--we were only moving maybe 30mph. I was in the far left part of the far left lane and I look in my mirror to see a caravan right behind me. I looked back and he was literally about 2 feet off my bumper. I reachedmy leg out motioningto him likeI would kick his car if he got any closer and he proceeded to gun it and try overtaking me in my own lane. I got off the road into the shoulder and let him by but my god what a moron. The funny thing is there was traffic EVERYWHERE so he had absolutely nowhere to go. I was PRAYING for the traffic to stop so I could pull him out of his car and beat the living **** out of him..but no luck.

What do you all usually do when you'rebeing tailgated? I usually do the downwards wave behind me motioning to "get back" but it rarely ever works.

Thack 06-28-2007 03:58 PM

In the morning when it's still dark. I let the dill holes go by and slide back behind them and position the head lite in there mirror. In the afternoon I let them by and when the traffic stops I wave by at them as I split. Every once in a while when I have had enough I creap the speed up on them.....it's pretty funny when they finally look at the speedo. I had a new toyota tundra up above a 100 a couple of weeks ago.

dizzie56 06-28-2007 04:23 PM

I could throw them magnets around like frisbies round here

VP 06-28-2007 04:49 PM

I got cut off by this lady the other day then I pulled up next to her... she didn't even put her phone down to acknowledge me.... finally I got her attention then told her she cut me off, could've killed me... she was like "you shouldn't be playing around on that toy then"... I laughed, grabbed her cell phone and threw it across the intersection

mkhaynesaz 06-28-2007 05:09 PM

^^^damn bro you are my hero ! ^^^ all i do when soembody is to close i try to find a way out ! then and only then do i start plotiing for revenge otherwise i think i wuld get caught up and wind up hurtimg myself ! but i did kick the **** out of a honda civc awhile back who turned into me and made me serve into the turn lane .. next light i caught him as i pulled up i kicked his car a the 2 cars on the sides of him got out to beat his ass (they seen the whole thing and they were fellow riders ((weekend cruizers )) ) it was great he ran the light and got the cops attetion that was sitting acros the street !

punchit 06-28-2007 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

I got cut off by this lady the other day then I pulled up next to her... she didn't even put her phone down to acknowledge me.... finally I got her attention then told her she cut me off, could've killed me... she was like "you shouldn't be playing around on that toy then"... I laughed, grabbed her cell phone and threw it across the intersection

Haha is that true? you staight up put your hand in her window and grabbed her phone? that is AWSOME

AudiCBR 06-28-2007 05:25 PM

****....i drive a stick shift audi and im not afraid to smash it or a person with it....i was driving over our reservoir one time and this chick was so far on my ass i could only see her dashboard....so i put it into 2nd gear and just dumped the clutch(at 65 mph)....i have never seen someone slam there breaks that hard in my life....no stoplights nothing telling you to slow....man her face was terror LOL.....needless to say she backed off....

jaynd 06-28-2007 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: jutsin

What do you all usually do when you'rebeing tailgated? I usually do the downwards wave behind me motioning to "get back" but it rarely ever works.
seriously! what do you do when tailgated? i've tried the "back off" motion but they dont get it or they get mad at ME!!!!!!

jaghunter 06-28-2007 06:25 PM

pocket full of marbles, just in case

AudiCBR 06-28-2007 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: jaghunter

pocket full of marbles, just in case

lol priceless

rsp919 06-28-2007 07:07 PM

I had a guy throw his cig out the window and hit me in the chest. I pulled up next to him at the light and said "might want to watch where you throw your cig." He laughed and said "did I hit your poor little bike." The light turned green and he took off. While going toward the next light I reached in my tank bag and got a smoke and my lighter(back b4 I quite). At the next red light I pulled up next to him, light the cig and put it under his windsheild wipper, laughed at him, flipped him off and told him "have a nice day sir."

bmg velocity 06-28-2007 07:54 PM

I had a guy in a little Toyota nearly rear end me while I was waiting to make a turn on a two lane, no turn lane, back road about 2 months ago.

I'm sitting there, turn signal on, waiting to make a left hand turn onto another road...

Mr. dumbass...not looking for motocyclists obviously...comes flying between me and was actually over the double yellow line...honking his horn at me..either to warn me, or to signify his dumbass mistake was somehow my fault.

Scared the crap outta me for abut 2 seconds...then I was pissed...and lit up the rear and took off after him...caught him...and was honking my horn, revving my engine, as we snaked through the back country...

He was scared to death.

I finally cooled off...pulled over and turned around and just...let the incident go.

Maybe he'll remember to look out for bikes though in the future being I took after and scared the crap outta him.

Kikepiz 06-28-2007 08:27 PM

I saw this for harleys... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBNyuf533Go&NR=1

VP 06-28-2007 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: punchit

Haha is that true? you staight up put your hand in her window and grabbed her phone? that is AWSOME
yup happened about a month ago... I posted it up in here somewhere else too just hafta find it... BITCH HAD IT COMING!

Hatebreed 06-28-2007 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

damn that sucks. idk, for me........personal pastexperience has taught me road rage will get you no where, or even dead. i had a guy going the wrong way in a one way parking lot (angled parking) as i was driving my car into the lot i couldnt see him behind the cars, but as i made the turn he flew around the parked cars and almost collided w/ me. i almost hit a few parked cars trying to swerve away from his big ass SUV and i yelled out the window "its one f*****g way a*****e!" and kept going about my buisiness. i got to the stop sign at the end of the lot and noticed these familiar headlights behind me, lol. i pulled out and so did they. they ended up following me to my destination down the street and (in the middle of the night) locked up brakes in gravel.......slid up next to me.........and began shouting at me. he was threatening me w/ "hollow points" telling me to repeat what i had said. i never looked at him, but i could tell he had his hand up in the air and in my direction.........gun...or pointing at me.......idk. i never repeated myself nor did i look at him. his wife kept begging him to drop it and just leave. then my ex g/f's brother.....whom i was there to pick up from his work........began to try to calm the guy and to get him to leave. finally some older gentleman pulled up and the man left.

that has taught me to really just leave well enough alone when it comes to road rage. sure you may not be in the wrong and someone could have REALLY screwed you or cut you off.......but you never know to what extreme that person is going to take it to in retaliation of you're road rage.

just my 2cents.
when you notice somone following you like that ya should head to a police station, and never drive home, you dont want ****tards like that to know where you live... this happend to me once when i was a kid, i was with my mom and it was a similar traccif situation, they followed us for a lil while ( we passed our house so they did not know where we lived), my mother was on the PD at the time and she was carrying, she said if they followed her much longer she was going to shoot out thier tires... i am in no way condoning shooting out someones tires, but my advice is deff dont go to home or someones work or any place you frequent...

jaynd 06-28-2007 10:17 PM

yeah, i didnt think he was actually following me. it was a one way road back out of the island (really its a penninsula) and i was picking my ex g/f's brother up from his work late at night, i NEVER really did this so i wasnt concerned w/ him thinking that i am frequently there. he had just left a club so im sure he was liquored up. i truely had my heart pounding and i was speechless. im much more cautious as to how i handle road rage.

pangb86 06-29-2007 09:34 PM

A guy I sometimes ride with throws ball bearings and spare change over his shoulder when he gets tailgated. Personally I think thats retarded due to the potential negative consequences for both parties involved, but thats just how he rolls. *shrug*

HARDCORP 8654 06-30-2007 02:34 AM

This incident occurred a couple of years ago shortly after returning from my first deployment myself and two other NCOs had been in surf city NC and decided to stop at a local McDonald's to get something to eat just as we were about to pull into a parking space a late 80s model Camaro with yellow racing stripes and 22 s on it with three guys in it come flying in behind us like to clipped me and almost ran a small boy down who was with what looked to be his grandmother I dropped the kickstand on the borrowed bike pulled off the helmet and started in the direction of the Camaro which had pulled into the drive-through I came up on the passenger side of the car and sounded off with my best killer hat imitation . Hears the clean version of what I said I asked them if they didn't see the little boy are me are the other two F#@KING bikes or where they just that F#@KING blind and stupid or was their aim that bad ! The one in the front passenger seat closest to me rattled off something I almost open handedly struck him but I caught myself I grabbed him by the right arm in a pressure point and asked him to shut his cock holster and apologize or I would be forced to help them exit the vehicle at this point I really caught myself and realized where I was and stepped back from the Camaro the guy in the passenger seat said I'm calling the cops I said that outstanding would you like to use my cell phone because I don't think that's ragweed I smell at that point the one in the backseat said man look at you and look at us there ain't no way I'm get out of this car and the driver apologize at that point, at the urging of my friends I walked back to the bikes about that time the older lady with the little boy walked over and thanked me for saying something to the guys in the Camaro I apologize to herfor my behavior and to anyone who witnessed my actions at that time. I WAS SORRY In my opinion a true measure of a man's character and strength is one's ability to maintain control of one's self at all times it was at this point Igot help for myself
PSTD

FFCBRf4i 06-30-2007 03:29 AM

ORIGINAL: punchit

yup happened about a month ago... I posted it up in here somewhere else too just hafta find it... BITCH HAD IT COMING!
Darn people yaking on their cells!

bmg velocity 06-30-2007 04:55 AM

Ooooohh....the question was tail-gating...

That's easy...

I jump up to about 120...and look in my mirror as they are suddenly a tiny dot.

They rarely do anything after that.

Blue Fox 06-30-2007 05:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

LOL!!! That's freaking sweet.......although, I like my version better..............

Attachment 81638

Hatebreed 06-30-2007 02:00 PM

haah that magnets tight.

Blue Fox 07-02-2007 12:18 AM

I'm surprised no one noticed my misspellings. :D

jaynd 07-02-2007 12:25 AM

i had a woman today that kept getting as CLOSE as possible to my rear tire every time i'd get to a traffic light, and as i'd begin riding. that S*** makes me nervous when my g/f is riding passanger! so next red light........i waited for her to get right on my tire then i pulled in the clutch and gave'r some throttle......let my two bros. ROOOOOOOOOOOAR! after that she stayed a good 5 car lengths back :)

HAVOC 07-02-2007 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

i had a woman today that kept getting as CLOSE as possible to my rear tire every time i'd get to a traffic light, and as i'd begin riding. that S*** makes me nervous when my g/f is riding passanger! so next red light........i waited for her to get right on my tire then i pulled in the clutch and gave'r some throttle......let my two bros. ROOOOOOOOOOOAR! after that she stayed a good 5 car lengths back :)
next time just burn out a lil bit throwing rubber and rocks onto their car ;)

Shocktroop 07-02-2007 12:58 AM

I always give folks the benifit of doubt, I'm not perfect, nor do I expect anyone else to be. What I CAN DO, is give plenty of room, see things three moves ahead of time and be carefull. But....even then. I was driving on my way to Seattle up the I-5, cruising along, and comming up on a minivan, about the time I'm next to her rear quarter, she just swerves over into me. Barely missed me, I had to swing it to the right, damn near putting me into a car on my right with her on the left, was riding these big ass white-line reflecters for a few seconds. Dude on my right swerved over, giving me his lane, honked his horn, pumped his fist at the mini-van, then heard more honking from behind me...the family behind the minivan was doing the same. It was like a rolling pro-biker rally hating on this jerk in a mini-van! I zipped up next to the minivan and they looked at me, I gave a "What the hell "kind of gesture, and you know what.........she flipped me off! Whatever, theres no shortage ofoblivions in this world, and this appeared to be another one, so I just throttled up, waved to the supporting vehicles, and got outa of there.

HAVOC 07-02-2007 01:34 AM

that pisses me off so much, when a driver does something wrong and when you give the "what the hell look (hand up gesture) " they get pissed like you did something wrong. ive found alot of the time they never realized what they did and they think we are starting sht with them !