Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ever done anything to someone who cut you off?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ever done anything to someone who cut you off?

Like punch their window, door, kick their car, yell at them, etc?

i have a buddy who swears that he has kicked dents in car doors on the freeway when they have tried merging into him down in Los Angeles traffic.

what about you? I was really close to doing something rash the other night and i'm glad i stopped where I did. I was trying to make a yellow light on a left hand turn and while it was still yellow a guy turned right directly in front of me. I had to stand the bike up in the turn, brake and run onto the sidewalk!! when i finally caught up with him i rapped my fist slider on his window and flipped him off. he just kept goin, didnt even really look at me.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ever done anything to someone who cut you off?

damn that sucks. idk, for me........personal pastexperience has taught me road rage will get you no where, or even dead. i had a guy going the wrong way in a one way parking lot (angled parking) as i was driving my car into the lot i couldnt see him behind the cars, but as i made the turn he flew around the parked cars and almost collided w/ me. i almost hit a few parked cars trying to swerve away from his big *** SUV and i yelled out the window "its one f*****g way a*****e!" and kept going about my buisiness. i got to the stop sign at the end of the lot and noticed these familiar headlights behind me, lol. i pulled out and so did they. they ended up following me to my destination down the street and (in the middle of the night) locked up brakes in gravel.......slid up next to me.........and began shouting at me. he was threatening me w/ "hollow points" telling me to repeat what i had said. i never looked at him, but i could tell he had his hand up in the air and in my direction.........gun...or pointing at me.......idk. i never repeated myself nor did i look at him. his wife kept begging him to drop it and just leave. then my ex g/f's brother.....whom i was there to pick up from his work........began to try to calm the guy and to get him to leave. finally some older gentleman pulled up and the man left.

that has taught me to really just leave well enough alone when it comes to road rage. sure you may not be in the wrong and someone could have REALLY screwed you or cut you off.......but you never know to what extreme that person is going to take it to in retaliation of you're road rage.

just my 2cents.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually lay on the horn for a while. And if I pull up next to them at a stop light, I just stare at them (very menacing when you have a dark smoke visor.)

Old 06-28-2007, 08:36 AM

I get road rage quite frequently (People around Charlottesville don't know how to drive properly), but I've always been able to keep it in check. What scares me is the stories I've read on here where people on their bikes have been "attacked" while riding. I ALWAYS carry heat with me when I ride, just to protect myself from other people who may get rage against me. That guy threatening you with "hollow points" was WAAAAAY out of line, and probably bluffing, unless he was mentally unstable. In either case, I wouldn't take the chance.

Honestly, I find myself more calm and courteous when I'm packing. Don't know why, but I drive less aggressively and am more courteous and less apt to get road rage.

About the worst thing I've done in the past was to follow some guy who was tailgating me through a construction zone (I was obeying the limit), pulled up beside me and yelled something. I followed him to a stop light, got out of my truck and beat on his window telling him to get the "f" out. He panicked and ran the red light to get away from me.

More recently, I had some guy in a Mazda6 who was tailgating me while I was on my bike. I pulled over to let him pass and did the 1-finger wave as he went by. I wasn't going to, but he tried to go by me so close as I was pulling over that I thought he was going to hit my mirror.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:47 AM

Worst i've done is turned around and gave the tailgater the finger. Ive been cut off so hard a few time's i've had to lane split to make it through a situation, but i didn't do anything but keep riding. I always think i'll do something, then i think what if the guy i go up to has a gun.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Freebie
I ALWAYS carry heat with me when I ride, just to protect myself from other people who may get rage against me.
Hahaha, funny story. I love tough guys, they're so secksi....then they wake up.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:52 AM

I've seen these magnets (some company sells them, I can't find the thread right now) for about $5 for a pack of 10.
Its like the Soccer (futbol) yellow warning cards they give to the players for un-sportsman like behaviour on the field (another infraction like that, and they get a "red card" meaning they are thrown out of the rest of the game, without substitution, and probably fined as well, so it's very bad for the team to get "red carded")

It seems like a very gentelmanly way of dealing with idiots on the road, with the exeption that you'll have to get close enough to touch the car... putting you at risk.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12341/BA43843DB88D4DEBA75C37CA6E29C8D7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-28-2007, 12:16 PM

that a cool idea but when someone cuts me off it doesn't put me in a gentleman like state of mind. You almosted killed me so here's a nice yellow magnet to let you know you distrubed me.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 PM

There was a lady in an Escalade who was talking on her cell phone. I was in the right lane beside her, even with the rear doors. She just decided to switch to my lane, no signal or anything. I laid on the horn, downshifted, and opened up to wide open throttle. Her front bumper missed my rear tire by not much at all. I turned around and motioned with my hand for her to hang up the phone... she just kept on talking so I flipped her off for a good 5 seconds.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered Users

If people tail gate me i do about 15 mph untill they back off....had an ******* in a vett that kept backin off and runnin up on me like he was gunna hit me....:0\ i just kicked it and changed lanes...i win anyway cuz he's drivin the vett to compensate for his other short comings...if they cut me off, not much i can do besides pay attention rev and honk....at night the highbeams work awesome, point it right at their side mirror's