Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

embarassing stories.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I first started to ride I would sometimes let the clutch out too quick, which resulted in the bike stopping hard in 1st and me crushing my nuts.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I hit the horn accidently at least once a week. Luckily I'm a guy and can play it off by picking a random woman on the street and giving her a like I meant to do it
That is great, and I will totally do that next time. I'm just lucky I can hide behind my smoke visor, haha.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

In college I had a 1973 CB 350 it was my first motorcycle..
*No it wasnt new I'm not old as hell like.... well I won't name names !! lol!*

Anyway.... I was up at collage at University of Texas and I was putting my gloves on and helmet when I saw class let out in the building just next to me. I can't remember but I guess my class just let out a bit early.

Anyway It must have been girls cheer leading or something because nothing but hotties walked out of this building and they were all walking straight for me.

Well at the time I had Harley straight pipes on the bike from the previous owner and needless to say the bike was loud and sounded pretty awesome. So I throw the rest of my gear on and throw a leg over the bike......

My stupid shoelace which I always double knot, Caught on the bolt that adjusts the chain for the real wheel *for those of you that don't know it's the little bolt that pretty much extends out from the end of your swingarm. Well I'm already in the process of throwing my leg over and standing the bike up off the kickstand.

The bike tilts up and starts to lean to my right... and I can't get my foot down!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! wammo.

It didnt do any damage the bike had a roll bar engine guard. but boy did those girls laugh and I dont blame them lol.

Come to think of it I didnt even have one come up and say OMG are you alright?? Here have my number lets go out!

... sorry drifting off here for a second :P

Old 07-25-2010, 12:49 PM

I still stall out every once in a while. I also hit neutral when going from 1st to 2nd on a regular. I am still getting use to the short pull of my clutch lever, gotta love roll-n-click levers. I think I would the right setting finally.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:43 PM

I have 3.

1) First time I ever rode my bike. Actually 1 and 2 are the same day about 15 minutes apart but anyway. I'm talking the first time I have ever straddled the gas tank of any kind of motorcycle. 94 CBR 600. I'm in my STONE driveway. I get it running check to make sure the kickstand is up. Check to make sure it's in gear. Check to make sure I'm ready to go. Grab a "little" throttle (like eh 4K). And let out the clutch.

Naturally 4K was way too much, and surprisingly the wheels got great traction. So unasuming me gets thrown backwards, natural reaction was to hold onto the bars tighter. Well, what happens when you move your right wrist back? You got it, more gas. I've now surpassed the traction limits of the tires in the stone. I can hear stones screaming everywhere behind me, and the only thing I can think of is BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE. Grabbed that front brake as hard as I could... oops.

Back wheel is spinning, back end is sliding all over the place. And dumbass me locks the front. Don't ask me how I made it as far as I did down my driveway as I pulled a sick nasty sidewinder with the engine screaming, the front sliding, and me just going OMG OMG OMG OMG. I just jumped off the bike and let it land sideways between my legs. Had to scramble to find the kill switch because it was still running. Nothing quite like picking up a 400lb bike on stone. I got it half way up and then basically just started pushing the front around in circles trying desperately to get it to catch so I could stand it all the way up. Ended up cracking the rad slightly so it had a minor leak.

2) Got back on the bike, figured out how to start it without sending myself into the same predicament, and took it for a quick ride. Just doing the basics going very very slow. Went to take a left hand turn onto my local street. Did everything I had been reading about. Looked up where I was going, counterbalancing and lightly accelerating through the turn, everything was great until I was suddenly on the pavement watching the bike slide away from me. Interesting. Well, n00b me didn't look for the nice big gravel patch. Other than banging up my knee a little bit it wasn't bad. Rode the bike home and just decided to work on it for a while lol.

3) Last night I was riding home from my grandparents house. First time EVER on a two lane highway. I had just gotten done the GSX-R1000 R/R swap on the bike and all seemed to be going really well. Was following my dad in his car, when suddenly the bike just didn't want to accelerate anymore and started to miss. First thing I'm thinking is that SOB R/R is bad. Bike is getting worse, bike is getting worse... red light. I was forced to come to a complete stop, bike dies. Won't refire. Oh ****.

Description of where I am. I am on the outside edge of the outside lane up against a curb. I am rolling the bike with my feet to the nearest parking lot, the whole time just trying to get it to fire. Naturally since the lane is MOSTLY clear everyone decides that they can just blow right by me at the insane speeds that they do. So I'm freaking out, bike won't fire and I've got cars flying up my ***. FINALLY I get the bike to fire, but it's bad. Missing like crazy. I quick look behind me, no cars. I get the bike going and just speed up as fast as I can keeping the revs up as high as possible thinking it was the R/R dying on me. (If you can keep the revs up you can get the bike home). Well it ends up getting to the point where I've got the throttle all the way open and I'm watching the RPMs drop like a brick in water. Not risking it again, I pulled into the first parking lot I saw. Got off the bike and started looking through everything I could think of that would cause it to do what it did... when I found it.

Would have been nice to have gas in the tank.

Turned the tank to reserve, got the bike to a gas station. Filled up, turned the tank back to on, and rode home no problem. Stupid!

Old 07-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SovXietday
Would have been nice to have gas in the tank.

Turned the tank to reserve, got the bike to a gas station. Filled up, turned the tank back to on, and rode home no problem. Stupid!
Let's head off #4 now before it happens: When done filling up, make sure you switch it off Reserve

Been there, done that. Had to push the bike 3 blocks wearing my gear on a nice hot summer day cause I'd been riding around on Reserve and drained the tank. Even had a couple of nice ambulance drivers and a cop stop to check if I was ok (they thought I had gone down)

Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 PM
June 2011 ROTM

I still haven't had a really embarrassing experience thank God.
I did almost eat it one time leaving work when I was working third shift. It was 45 degrees outside and foggy. The coldest weather I have rode in.
I was taking off from my parking spot. There were a few co workers standing outside watching me leave so I had to get on it a bit. I took off fast in first, but when I went to shift into 2nd I couldnt fit my steel toe boot under the shift lever so I let off the gas which caused the rear tire to slide around like it was on ice. I calmy pulled in the clutch and pressed the front brake just in time to make the turn to exit the parking lot.
Freaked me out a bit.

I commonly honk the horn when turning, I usually just look around like hey whos honking. Occasionally I will miss 3rd gear and I will put the bike in gear with the kick stand down.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoosier1104
I also hit neutral when going from 1st to 2nd on a regular.
I do this too from time to time... Of course it's when I'm getting on the 30-minute drive out of the city and I'm antsy to get to the forest backroads and I am not thinking about putting enough pressure on the pop to 2nd and I hit WOT in neutral....

Makes me feel sooo silly. lol

Just glad I still have an OEM exhaust... could be worse.. haha

Old 07-27-2010, 06:44 AM

I just recently purchased my first bike and picked it up a few days ago. I was so excited that after i got it insured i took it for a little spirted ride. Forgetting that i put it on reserve mode because i was having so much fun, i ended up running out of gas and being strandded on an onramp. Fortunatly, I was able to reach a friend in the area who had to run out to buy me a jerry can with some gas in it.

Moral: Make sure you have gas before going for a ride

Old 07-27-2010, 01:28 PM

the other day I was riding home from a buddies house and the night before we were drinking alot of draft beer

well I lifted my *** to fart and well...I gambled and lost cuz I sharded my pants!!!!

Oh well it happenes to the best of us.... F&*k it

Quick Reply: embarassing stories.......