Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

embarassing stories.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

earlier this season i was riding when it was still cold out. i was coming around a bend very slowly and rode over this small patch of ice going like 2 mph. it was the slowest drop ever. i was wrestling to keep the bike from falling for a few seconds before i slipped and dropped it. yea...........fail

Old 04-01-2010, 09:29 PM

When I was newbie(around 4 years ago) me and a couple buddys decided to take a little ride through downtown GB well im as im pulling up to a red light my bike dies. Im like WTF is going on here thinking that maybe I ran out of gas or something (the bike didnt have a gas gauge or something liek that it was a 99 Superhawk) so Im sitting there trying and trying to get my bike started.

Well the light turns green and my buddys take off and go in to the nearest parking lot well as im trying to get it started there is like 20 cars behind me honking there horns, so I start waving them around me I get off the bike and push it about 150 ft to another road that I could park on.

Well after messing with it for about 5 minutes I realized that when I was coming up to the light I had hit the kill switch, well i flipped that back on and then cranked it over and it started right up and it also backfired and sounded like a .50 cal went off (dual exhause vance and hines with a v twin) so everyone outside the bars on that road were all laughing at me and boy do my buddys still bring that up today. Talk about an embarassing moment in my life.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:13 AM

on my dirtbike, i was lined up at the start line ready to race a hare scramble.
i look down to make sure my fuel is turned on, loose my balance and fall over.
i fell into the guy next to me, and cause 3 more people to fall over.
atleast everyone was cool about it.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:59 PM
B_K

first time on a harley, laid my dad's Vrod anniversary edition doing a 5 mph turn. it's a really heavy bike if you don't already know that. locked the front, didn't lean, plowed into a patch of grass. luckily only real damage was too his grip and a small scratch on his frame. thank god he was my dad cause i don't think anyone else would have taken it so lightly. lol.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Thumbs down

in 08 wen my bro got his 07 cbr 600rr i was at his house for my nephews bday party and was drinking a lil bit and i got bored and got on the bike sitting on it and i was balancing it and i lost balance and slowly droped the bike lol and now im the owner of that bike lol

Old 07-24-2010, 04:26 PM

Back in the late '70s I was home for 2 weeks right out of bootcamp. 2 days before I'm supposed to leave for my new duty station I borrowed my bro' in- laws pristine cb450f to cruise around with a buddy of mine. While waiting for him to fuel his bike I'm practicing hole shots out in the street. Every time I get the tire spinning the bike would pull sideways. After about 3 tries I decide to just stay on the gas & ride it out. Got way sideways that time and like a dumbass I chop the gas, which of course leads to a highside, slamming me and this beautiful bike to the pavement. As I'm standing up I see these 2 old geezers in the parking lot laughing their asses off. I was so embarrassed I grabbed the bike & lifted it so fast that it flipped over & slammed onto the other side, adding another broken mirror & turn signal to the damage I'd already inflicted! My last 2 days on leave were spent chasing down all the parts to repair the bike.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:08 PM

I've only been riding about a month, and I stalled and dropped my bike at a stop light trying to turn right. That was pretty embarrassing but honestly I've had some trouble with hitting the horn instead of my turn signals. I nearly scared a pedestrian to death the other day when I tried to signal and just laid on the horn super hard instead.

It scares the crap out of me too - "who the hell is honking at me? oh... it's me. wonderful."

Old 07-24-2010, 11:25 PM

:Oh yeah. Always a great feeling to drop your bike infront of riders . First bike.ninja250. Went to go meet my buddies at the crabshack in Long beach. Right when I was pulling up to the parking lot I saw atleast 7 bikes parked in the lot. so I pull up and The front of the restaurant has a bar type setting and it was PACKEDD. Well pulling up RIGht infront of the damn place in the perfect spot right next to the curb. last spot on the right. I go to get off my bike and some how the hole in the very bottom of my jeans where my shoes destroyed them got caught on the right passenger peg. trying to break free the bike started falling to the right bring my leg with it. BOoom .. Not even wanting to look up and see who saw it. 2 dudes come up to me from the patio to see the damage

Last edited by C Average; 07-24-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Don Wan
I've only been riding about a month, and I stalled and dropped my bike at a stop light trying to turn right. That was pretty embarrassing but honestly I've had some trouble with hitting the horn instead of my turn signals. I nearly scared a pedestrian to death the other day when I tried to signal and just laid on the horn super hard instead.

It scares the crap out of me too - "who the hell is honking at me? oh... it's me. wonderful."
I hit the horn accidently at least once a week. Luckily I'm a guy and can play it off by picking a random woman on the street and giving her a like I meant to do it

Old 07-25-2010, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by The Don Wan

lol good stuff

Quick Reply: embarassing stories.......