Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

embarassing stories.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010 | 11:14 AM
Administrator - Retired

lol glad to know there are many with stories. makes me feel a lil better
You have no idea how many stories there are!!

Check out the "Noob Drop" thread that Kuro mentioned... couple real good ones in there.

I've had tons of spills on dirtbikes/BMX/etc... I'm not even gonna go into it. There were MANY. I could seriously go on for hours... lol...

I dropped my brand new Kawasaki in a gas station parking lot when the toe of my shoe got caught in the "S" hook of a bungee cord that was strapped to the back. I couldn't move my leg and went down with the bike.
I also jumped off my bike once.... screaming at a coworker.... only to turn around to watch it fall over.
The list goes on....

Old 03-28-2010 | 11:40 PM
|

ok wtf i just freaking dropped my bke again..... once again MY KEYS WERE NOT EVEN IN THE IGNITION MAN>>>>>> wtf i ride perfect everytime with no problem. what all should i check before riding it again?

Old 03-28-2010 | 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Eliteedge0788
ok wtf i just freaking dropped my bke again..... once again MY KEYS WERE NOT EVEN IN THE IGNITION MAN>>>>>> wtf i ride perfect everytime with no problem. what all should i check before riding it again?
Check to see if any hot chicks saw. Check youtube for any camphone vids. Check your pride / ego for structural damage.

Can't think of any more necessary checks... Oh yeah, check your OCD at the door if you're gonna ride a motorcycle She's a bit hardier than that. If she lights up after a drop, you're good. If she doesn't, wait an hour

Old 03-29-2010 | 01:53 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat

i was the idiot that let my drunk roomate get on the bike.. he sat there... lost his balance, then slowly fell with the bike...

but oh this was a slow fall...
it took about 10 seconds lol...
he didn't let it drop, but fought it like a lost cause.
and i caught it and him inches from the ground... talk about a badass dead lift.

Old 03-31-2010 | 03:37 PM

Everyone has had their share of newb moments, and the seasoned vets still have an occsdional brain fart and make newb mistakes

The one that stands out in my mind, was pulling to a red light versy slowly, balancing, no feet out thinking it would change. It didn't, gave up and went to put my feet down but my jeans were caught on my heal guard! Started to go but got my foot down just in time... almost blew an o ring trying to lift it back with one leg haha.

My dads takes the cake though... ducati1098, deals gap hotel, him infont, buddy to his right, me behnind. Just filled up and headed back out for the last pass of the day (always famous last words). Super awkward driveway- road angles, about to jump on it and take off,does one last shoulder check and there is an m3 cookin up from behinf... grabs a fist full of front brembos, throws off his balance and starts to go right, which is downhill..... between a bad knee and a bad hip, he couldn't catch it. Lays it down... into his buddy and his kenny robberts edition rz350. Now there's 2 amazing bikes on their sides and two riders litterally rolling down the hill like little kids in the grass. No lie 100 guys all standing around see it happen, run over pick them up (bikes AND riders) and make sure everything is. Ok, then it is silent for 2 seconds before EVERYONE bursts out laughing! The good thing was we got lots of free beers that night cause eveyone kept comming over saying "you need this more than me after that show"

Old 03-31-2010 | 03:55 PM
Administrator - Retired

^^ OUCH! That had to suck.... lol..
Makes for a great story, though!

check maybe that your legs are actually touching the bloody ground before you move her ... LOL

Old 03-31-2010 | 03:56 PM

i still stall from time to time if ive been riding all day near the end if i get lazy but 1/2 sec later it's on

Old 03-31-2010 | 10:05 PM

I haven't even gotten to ride much yet, but I already lost count of how many times I forgot to put the kickstand up, or forgot to put it in gear, or pulled in the garage and put the kickstand down first. I've also forgotten to turn on the choke and forgotten to flip the kill switch. Oops.

I knew about the kick stand long before I started riding... couple years ago, around 3 a.m., a guy in the apartment downstairs from us... keeps revving and revving and dying. Each time he started it again and revved it a little louder. Then killed it again. I can't even remember how long it went on until my boyfriend went down and told him to put up his kickstand.

Last edited by thatsarachik; 03-31-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2010 | 10:21 PM
Administrator - Retired

I regularly shut off my bikes with the kickstand. Won't forget to put it down then....
Just remember to turn the key off. (I've actually only left the key on twice in many years....lol)

I never touch the kill switch unless I'm turning it back on because some jackazz at work decided to be a ***** and turn it off when I wasn't looking.

Quick Reply: embarassing stories.......