Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Electric "motorcycle"

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric "motorcycle"

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....tentid=4024869

Also, check out the video in the story

$12,000 - $15,000?! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
[sm=forgetit.gif] I'm thinking Chapter 7.

COMMENTS?

Old 07-11-2007, 02:36 AM
Default RE: Electric "motorcycle"

Why not. For running around town this is a great idea. Im not sure what cape cod looks like but i just spent a week in boston. greatest city i have ever been in. In a town like that, I could see this electric bike being all that you need to get around (well maybe a pass for the T).

Old 07-11-2007, 08:02 AM

Looks pretty cool. The electric motor has spades of torque, and if they can get the batteries to last long enough, these will most likely catch on. A bit pricey for now, but
that will change once they have a confirmed market.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 AM

I love the smell of gas in the morning too much!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:40 AM

Interesting. Looks like fun. Like something you could rent on a family vacation.

I still like to go fast though.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Retired Moderator

The Ashland, Oregon-based manufacturer—the same collection of motorheads responsible for bringing the road-rocket Ariel Atom to U.S. shores—have decided to confront the global-warming frenzy with an actual product.

Ashland is about fourty minutes away from my town. There is some awesome riding in the hills to get there from here. Southern Oregon University is there, as well. You can also find a plethora of women with hairy armpits, white dudes with dreadlocks, Ralph Nader supporters, vegetarians, people who use patchouli instead of soap, and people who just plain smell like *** and feet. I stay away from Ashland unless I am going boarding at Mt. Ashland 10 miles out of town, or if I feel like getting picketed by a bunch of people who have no idea why they are so pissed or what cause they are supporting on that given day.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

The Ashland, Oregon-based manufacturer—the same collection of motorheads responsible for bringing the road-rocket Ariel Atom to U.S. shores—have decided to confront the global-warming frenzy with an actual product.

Ashland is about fourty minutes away from my town. There is some awesome riding in the hills to get there from here. Southern Oregon University is there, as well. You can also find a plethora of women with hairy armpits, white dudes with dreadlocks, Ralph Nader supporters, vegetarians, people who use patchouli instead of soap, and people who just plain smell like *** and feet. I stay away from Ashland unless I am going boarding at Mt. Ashland 10 miles out of town, or if I feel like getting picketed by a bunch of people who have no idea why they are so pissed or what cause they are supporting on that given day.
HAHA! Im going to cover my bike in FIR and take a little road trip there!

Old 07-11-2007, 10:06 AM

Check this out also.....An electric R1

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007...ning_lithi.php

Old 07-12-2007, 11:05 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Lol, Ashland sounds lovely -- and I can just imagine the pleasure of being around all those aromatic hairy creatures. [sm=smiley34.gif]

Question: Where do they get all that time to protest and picket?