Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I "so" just about effed myself up....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I "so" just about effed myself up....

Haven't ridden my Harley in a while, pretty much at all in the two months I have had the CBR. I had forgotten how little ground clearance it has...half the reason its taken me so long to break the don't lean habit.

I took it out for a ride and wasn't thinking, turned the left just outside my neighborhood and bottomed out the kickstand and footpeg. Hit hard enough to get the back wheel to jump off the road. Scared the bejeesus out of me. All was fine after that and a quick trip to clean out my drawers.....Shouldn't ever do that again.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Default RE: I "so" just about effed myself up....

Glad you didn't go down from that ! I'm guessing you prefer the CBR to ride ?

Old 07-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha well, atleast you didnt drop it! thats good to hear.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:26 PM

Lol be careful. I used to bottom out my right side on my sporty 1200 all the time and snapped a couple bands off the heat shield. About two weeks ago my wife had me ride her v star home and i was scraping the foot boards hard and even took a huge chunk out of the hinge where it mounts to the frame.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:02 PM

^ i bet mrs. jimmiedon was happy haha

Old 07-11-2007, 08:10 PM

I hate getting stuck behind harley's, goldwing's, cruisers, (non-sport) since they have to take the turns so slow. I laugh to myself when I see a bike take a corner slower than a car.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Actually when she had about 1500 miles on it she downshifted to second going 50 and locked up the rear.[:'(]I was behind her and she scared the **** out of me at first as she fish tailed right then left and then high sided and slid about 50 feet off the road. She had decent road rash and her helmet (Well , skid plate) was shaved off on the back. It destroyed the right side handlebar (It flipped once) and destroyed the brake handle, both turn signals on the right side and the exhast and footboard on the bike were destroyed. But after fixing all of it, Yes she was madShe sees me doing wheelies on my cbr 1000 too and it makes her madder tho.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:37 AM

Vehicles with 4 wheels manuever "better/more stable" through turns than vehicles with 2 wheels when you remove the drivers from the equation...

Old 07-12-2007, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: JimmieDon

Actually when she had about 1500 miles on it she downshifted to second going 50 and locked up the rear.[:'(]I was behind her and she scared the **** out of me at first as she fish tailed right then left and then high sided and slid about 50 feet off the road. She had decent road rash and her helmet (Well , skid plate) was shaved off on the back. It destroyed the right side handlebar (It flipped once) and destroyed the brake handle, both turn signals on the right side and the exhast and footboard on the bike were destroyed. But after fixing all of it, Yes she was madShe sees me doing wheelies on my cbr 1000 too and it makes her madder tho.
dang, glad she made it out ok though.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:13 PM

To be honest, its according to what I want to do. If I am going somewhere I would rather take the Harley. Its more comfortable for a road trip. If I want to "git somewhere" then I take the CBR.
After riding the Harley for the past 5 or so years I have been making up time in the "git somewhere" dept. to the tune of a back tire in 3k miles.....