Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Electric F3

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric F3

http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/628.html
I love the coversion cost for the bike that's definitly a good selling point on the bike. How long do you all think it will take untill the big Japanese four starts mass production of electric bikes and the internal combustion power plants will only be seen in museums. I think I'll sob like a little girl.Some may call that "old fashioned" I like to think of myself as a purist (or something like that.)

Old 02-21-2007, 03:16 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Electric F3

being a F3 owner that made me cry .. and throw up a bit [:'(]. how could someone take such a beautiful bike and make it into a electric toy

Old 02-21-2007, 04:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool bike, but is it worth it?

People "think" that they are helping the environment by driving (or in this case, riding) electric vehicles. True, they are greener. But what if EVERYONE drove (or rode) these things? Where do you think electricty comes from? (65% of US power is from Coal burning power plants, in case you didn't know).

So, a simple math equation:

More Electric Vehicles = More Demand for Electricity (so more coal burning, right?)

I'm pretty sure that it comes to a stalemate.

.......Now, if it was a self-sustaining Hybrid, THAT would be something worth looking into.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Cool bike, but is it worth it?

People "think" that they are helping the environment by driving (or in this case, riding) electric vehicles. True, they are greener. But what if EVERYONE drove (or rode) these things? Where do you think electricty comes from? (65% of US power is from Coal burning power plants, in case you didn't know).

So, a simple math equation:

More Electric Vehicles = More Demand for Electricity (so more coal burning, right?)

I'm pretty sure that it comes to a stalemate.

.......Now, if it was a self-sustaining Hybrid, THAT would be something worth looking into.
Hmmmmm, wonder if my tank could hold pressurized hydrogen....

MDFF