Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The DSM and how bad it sucks...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The DSM and how bad it sucks...

hahaha listen to this list of **** wrong with the car.......first off i bought it from a friend....needless to say we arent friends n e more...but he told me that the banging noise up front was bushings on the front struts.....turns out to be tie rods ($400.00) then the radiator takes a **** ($300.00) the exhaust fell off, and of course im not going to get a tiny exhaust...i get the pace setter....($750.00) keep in mind i paid $3,000.00 for the piece.....the rear brakes and parking break......($150.00) new air intake ($50.00) the car didnt have door handles b/c he was going to put poppers in.....i had to buy poppers for it.....($125.00) and now this thing wont start........im rdy to kill.........

oh yeah its not a turbo....hence the ESI......and i do have a T25 turbo for sale w/ BOV let me know i'll have pics of it on here soon.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:34 PM

oh well if its non turbo

first off your a ***** for not having a turbo dsm, otherwise its just a chick car lol jk.....not really lol

secondly you dont have to worry about the crankwalk thing then, thats only for the 7bolt. its just an old car then, so far though that cheap for parts, i spend 5k on mine before i dumped it.

also i have an extra sunroof if you need glass from it. fell off the tracks so its just collecting dust in the garage.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:36 PM

crap i just remembered.....the elictrical system in the car is all sorts of FARKED up......the interior lights dont work.....the left headlight keeps melting the housing......so i have to leave my brights on dimmed down.....and my CD player doesnt have the memory wire......for the ignition.....so i have to manually search for stations......and i was on the way to school yesterday.....and the same model and year talon beat me in a race......i was shocked....it was all stock....thats how i know something is terribly wrong with this particular DSM or what im callin it from now on...(Da ****ty Mitsu)

i just remembered all this so i thought i'de post it up here too for ur guys entertainment....

Old 01-23-2007, 05:38 PM

a chick car? i just got done saying i have a turbo for it...what did u think i just bought a turbo for the hell of it? nooooooo i was planning on making a sleeper untill the effin crappy azz DSM started to die..... c'mon man read what is said before you post something insulting someone else.....

Old 01-23-2007, 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Silentalero

is yours the 4g63 engine?

turbo im assuming? if you dont know look at your exhaust, if it has 1 pipe its a non turbo, if it has 2 its a turbo. easiest way to tell. and i mean 1 pip sticking out of the exhaust not dual exhaust.
No mine is a 6V72, 2000 V6 GT. I do most of the work myself, but I think my noise may be the fuel injector or the air release valve

Old 01-23-2007, 07:48 PM

ah **** wait, i got you 2 mixed up lol

btw it was a joke as a chicks car but ya good call on boostin it.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:04 PM

yeah as a former "DSM'er" they are not a reliable cars and should be only used for project cars and such, but when they work they are DAMN fast.But another thingthat i dont think that was mentioned is that you could have a massive boost leak! check the intercooler hoses.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:19 PM

I had a 91 eclipse with a rebuilt motor at 105k....engine lasted for 22k miles on a rebuilt motor.....My car started acting up about 20k miles after rebuild, would die while driving, then it just wouldnt start........ECM was bad, the car dealership never figured it out, they had it for 2 weeks......I pulled it out and the capacitors in the computer were bad, replaced them and it fired right up, but the car burnt so much damn oil isnt wasnt funny.....they changed theECM on the 95+ cars......

But the day I sold that car was the happiest day of my life....nothing but problems out of that car. the day after I sold the car the guy called me and said the motor locked up, had a warranty from the dealership, but of coursethey would not cover it.Will never buy another DSM again.....never