Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

UPS SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPS SUCKS

Hey guys, when you order your parts have them shipped FEDEX or even USPS instead of UPS, i had 2 packages coming back to back and the first one was suppossed to get here on Wensday, however, Wensday came and no package, i tracked it online and it said bad undeliverable address, so i contacted UPS and straightned that out. they said ridenow.com sent them the wrong shipping address, etc etc i said thats funny i have a copy of the invoice here and they put the address in right so that means YOU screwed up so i want my money refunded or my package here tonight, they said im sorry sir but neither one of those options are viable so i said im just suppossed to sit here with my thumb up my *** waiting on you to deliver the package tommorrow because you ****ed up? they lady said pretty much sir, so i spoke to her manager and they are "working on it" to see if i can get my money back but in the meantime the package would be delivered on Thursday, while i had the manager on the phone i said can you please look up my other package to make sure the address on that one is correct??? so i gave him the tracking number and he said "yes sir address is correct, everything looks in order here" so today im coming home from work, pull in the parking lot and the ups guy pulls in behind me, im thinking, hey just in time, so he goes about and delivers the packages to all the apartments, i was downstairs walking the dog and i said hey do you have a package for me and game him my name and apt # he said yes its right here but the apt # doesnt match, i said well heres my id and showed him my texas drivers license and he said b/c the addy on my D.L. didnt match the addy on the package he couldnt give it to me...so by this time im ticked so i call ups customer center and they said there sorry but the address was wrong so i told them that and they said im sorry the driver should of delivered it when you showed your ID. I said great!! now that you have my addy turn your driver around to deliver, she goes im sorry sir you will just have to wait until monday to get your package, i cant make the driver turn around, i said ok then call him on the radio and tell him that ill meet him somewhere close ( i thought i was being resonable) and she said im sorry sir thats not an option either your stuck until monday, i said i need that package today, she goes im sorry sir if you have a problem you need to contact the people you ordered it from to make sure they have the right address, i said ONCE AGAIN i will e-mail you the shipping invoice that has the CORRECT address on it meaning YOU JACKED UP AGAIN!!! 2nd time in 2 days!!! i even had your manager confirm the address yesterday, she said im sorry sir we will contact the driver and call you back within the hour....which means when they are closed!!!!!!!!!!! so basically im screwed...yet again.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: UPS SUCKS

wow....that really sucks...
i just shipped out a package today...FEDEX FTW!!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2007, 09:34 PM

Damn dude that really sucks, I probably would have ran that stupid truck off the road! and then taken my ****. Good luck getting it all straightened out.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:36 PM

haha **** ordering stuff i try to buy from store anytime i can, ill spend an extra 20 bucks to save a headache, plus I WANT IT NOW!!!!

Old 02-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Retired Moderator

That suxs that you gotta go through all that hassle. I used to own a UPS authorized ship center and stuff did happen but it was a very small percentage. FedEx had better percentages but at much lower volume. USPS had the worst percentages by far. If I was you I'd tell them to just hold it at the hub and you'll pick it up so they don't screw it up again ... that is if the hubs anywhere near you.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

you should know that if you call their 800 customer service number, what you get is not a part of UPS but a subcontracted company called Teletech that they use to handle CS calls. (like when you get some dude in India for utility assistance...) I can usually tell you more useful information about your package than those morons. The best way to get anything done is to call (this will not be a published number, and is sometimes hard to come by) or visit the local center and speak to the center manager or driver supervisor. Even a clerk at the center can do more for you than the 1-800 crew.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Retired Moderator

That sucks, but USPS sucks even more. EVERY package I get from USPS is either ripped open, bashed in or something is broken or missing. I file complaints, but they seem to go nowhere. The only company I haven't had a problem with so far is DHL and FedEx.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:52 PM

OK! after much bashing of heads i have my package!!! they finally got the driver on the phone and he called and said he couldnt come back by but if i would meet him at a place 15 min from here he would wait for me...so i went and picked up my package but now i have to wait till tommorrow to fix the bike b/c theres no daylight now and yes i have a flashlight but its in an apt parking lot..i dunno..i might later..but then again im suppossed to go watch ghost rider so ill go watch it and chill and get up early and fix my bike

Old 02-23-2007, 11:47 PM

Damn, that sucks. I have ALWAY used USPS, and so far, knock on wood, I havent had any problems. I reall dont like UPS or DHL. They always screw something up someway. What did you order if ya dont mind?

Old 02-24-2007, 12:38 AM

+1, ups sucks
+1, usps sucks

Quick Reply: UPS SUCKS