Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Drove A Harley

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drove A Harley

^^I asked who has ridden one or given them the time of day. Not the complete opposite, which is what you posted. I didn't create this thread so it could be a bunch of posts flaming Harleys.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have not owned them but have ridden many of them, friends trying to get me to buy one.
They are a lot of money to join the club. They pull left with throttle on and drift right when you back off. Because of this you take up the entire lane. Harleys rear tire does not track the front tire. Look at a wide glide and you will see the front way right from center. This is why they turn left better than right on some models. They drag all kinds of parts in the turns and have poor brakes.

I hate the fact that for $20,000, they are selling you an unfinished product. You have to have a new carb and cam installed to get it to run right from off the show room floor. Then you need pipes. They pull the pipes to put the cam in and then charge $250 to put after market pipe on when the stock pipe would be free to put back on. You have to pay them to do this work or you will void the warrantee. They are a little more than 1903 technology. They have changed some but greatly lack for technology in handeling.

You can buy three very good used bikes for the price of a new HD. I am not married and I make my own desissions, with the help of my wallet.

Some HD owners do ride the hell out of their bikes. Everyone is entiled to their own desission, some people make better choices than others.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

Mate ... you do not have to cry about it .. what are you 21 ish ?

Yes, crying is EXACTLY what I was doing. Also congrats on being able to look up my age, as we all know that being 21 years old my opinion on bikes does not even compare to someone with 5+ years on me. Now if the pissing contest is over I would like this thread to get back onto it's original topic. I don't care much for having my threads extend in context.

I know what you mean eweppley, except it was the shift lever that I thought was way too far forward. It felt like I had to reach to shift with my feet. The actual shift seemed longer, but that could have been due to my feet position. I def. prefer the short quick shift of my CBR.

ryoung1

I could tell my uncle who has had mostly cruisers (besides dirtbikes) had a blast on my bike. He said instead of going out and buying a second bike, he will just wait until I come home to ride it everytime!

Old 09-23-2008, 11:30 AM

Several members of my family have harleys and you know They are very smooth to ride. The newer ones have rubber motor mounts to lessen the Vibrations and they are also Fuel injected making the bike easier to cold start..

Personally if I could afford one i would prob buy one I mean it's kinda like have an older mustang or something.. hella american muscle.... The downfalls are you look like a dousche bag riding on a harley witha bright full face arai... LOL I couldn't get over that.. but for long straight rides.. thats the way to go.... HOWEVER i haven't ever ridden a gold wing either and I bet that is eve a better straight line bike

Old 09-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: onewreckedRR

Several members of my family have harleys and you know They are very smooth to ride. The newer ones have rubber motor mounts to lessen the Vibrations and they are also Fuel injected making the bike easier to cold start..

Personally if I could afford one i would prob buy one I mean it's kinda like have an older mustang or something.. hella american muscle.... The downfalls are you look like a dousche bag riding on a harley witha bright full face arai... LOL I couldn't get over that.. but for long straight rides.. thats the way to go.... HOWEVER i haven't ever ridden a gold wing either and I bet that is eve a better straight line bike
When you do go for it, don't forget to toss all of your wardrobe and buy black leather. Do you have any scary tattoos picked out yet? How about HD stickers? Yep! you are buying into a way of life.

I would pick a Roadstar over a HD. They are very smooth and handle better, much more comfortable and come with the $10,000 chrome that you have to put on the HD for a lot less money. The problem with the HD people is that they are Japaphobic. They don't like Japaneese bikes but own Japaneese cars. HD knows that the are Japaphobic and that they can sell them an over priced, heavy under powered piece on rolling metal.

Have you looked into the XR1200? It looks like the first HD with some hope. There are some clips on youtube.