F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Test drove an F4i today

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test drove an F4i today

Went out and met a guy selling his F4i. Bike looks great. only 1 small scratch on the right side fairing, and everything else is in perfect condition. The only bike I've ever really ridden (besides at the MSF course) is my gs500. WOW, what a difference! The power and handling were so much better than the GS. I'm in love with this bike. I originally thought the seating position would be rough on me, but it's actually very comparable to my GS. I'd have to say it fits me perfectly.

One problem though... the guy is having a little separation anxiety... WTF?? Why list it and have someone test drive it, if you don't want to get rid of it? He just got a new 1000rr and is also looking to get a track bike. His wife tells him this morning, 'why don't you keep all 3 bikes?' Now I'm totally screwed.....

Old 04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So you liked that 'umph' huh? ;-) Glad you liked it.

If the bike has had good maintenance & you want it, make him an offer! Cash talks. Bet his wife would like to see a handful of greenbacks in her hands.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

he's playing a game. he wants you to offer him more money....

Old 04-06-2012, 01:21 PM

the F4i is a better all-around street bike than a 1000RR, and he knows it. but like 74demon said, he's just playing a seller's game.

it's an extremely solid well-built reliable bike. i'm a picky guy when it comes to my machines, and i can't justify getting rid of my F4i that i love so damn much.

i'm also stuck with my S2000 which is such an incredible car in so many ways...but that's another story lol.

anyway, get that F4i and you won't regret it.

Last edited by stingray; 04-06-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
So you liked that 'umph' huh? ;-) Glad you liked it.
YES, I definitely liked the 'umph!' LOL Much more 'twitchier' than my GS, but still very manageable. On the GS, you twist the throttle a tiny bit and the bike grunts and just thinks about moving. On the F4i, you twist the throttle a tiny bit and you move NOW! lol I was also surprised how good the handling was. I felt sometimes the GS just didn't want to turn, and this F4i was screaming 'turn me, lean me!' LOL

I don't really think he's playing a game. In the very beginning he told me that someone offered 4200 and he turned them down. Then he said 4500 takes it. Plus he's got money, so flashing some cash would probably insult him...lol.

The other small issue is that he said he just moved and can't find the title. So at this point I can't really make him an offer. I'm hopeful though. We'll see....

Old 04-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeSTL
I don't really think he's playing a game. In the very beginning he told me that someone offered 4200 and he turned them down. Then he said 4500 takes it. Plus he's got money, so flashing some cash would probably insult him...lol.

The other small issue is that he said he just moved and can't find the title. So at this point I can't really make him an offer. I'm hopeful though. We'll see....
What year F4i?

No title = no buy. Glad to hear you see it that way as well.

IF he finds the title (& you verify it)... Don't worry about "insulting" him w/a cash offer... Either he takes it or he won't. But, I can tell you that when I'm selling something, if someone offers me cash that is close to my asking price, it talks. ;-)

Meanwhile, keep looking! Good luck.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
What year F4i?

No title = no buy. Glad to hear you see it that way as well.

IF he finds the title (& you verify it)... Don't worry about "insulting" him w/a cash offer... Either he takes it or he won't. But, I can tell you that when I'm selling something, if someone offers me cash that is close to my asking price, it talks. ;-)
It's a 2006.

Totally agree about the title. It's gotta be clean, no liens, accurate mileage, and of course the vin has to match! lol You're probably right about the cash offer. I actually had the cash with me when I went to see it. I assumed he was going to ask for it when I took it for a spin, but he didn't.

I think he just considers the bike his 'baby.' I believe it was his first sportbike and now he's attached...

Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeSTL
I think he just considers the bike his 'baby.' I believe it was his first sportbike and now he's attached...
If he truly thought it was his baby there is no way he would have let you ride it without cash in hand.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:24 PM

Well, just dont get attached too much to the idea of owning that guys bike... you may over pay... he's asking $4500 ? I picked up my 03 f4i a few weeks back. It had 5800 miles on it... and I got it for $3700... what year and mileage is that bike?

Old 04-07-2012, 08:42 AM

You guys are forgetting one angle; his wife is making him sell it and he has no interest in that. So he is just going through the motions to make her happy but is doing everything in his power to make sure it doesn't sell.

I'm married, lol, i know how this game works.

Quick Reply: Test drove an F4i today