Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Drove A Harley

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drove A Harley

I would never buy one on principle alone. That isn't synonymous with me never picking up a cruiser at some point tho. I would never give money to a company that was so arrogant about their product that they charge 10 grand more for a bike the evil japanese brands are offering. Seriously, other than the HD name what extra do you get for such a high price tag?

Old 09-21-2008, 07:33 PM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

I would not be so hard on Harleys, but the attitude I get from the guys/girls that ride them, make them an easy mark for me. No offense to your Uncle by the way. Here Harleys are expensive & those that buy them are 'Buying the lifestyle' as well. Whatever a persons rides is their business & I respect that but I expect the same in return. One on one, a Harley owner is a decent sort of person (mainly) two or more are Dicks. I've had problems with these types for years, but if I had just spend a great deal of money buying one & probably a great amount more putting on the 'extras' & then got rounded up on the esses by a guy on 500cc twin Jap bike, I'd probably feel peeved as well.
No offense taken. I know what you mean, but I find that with most groups of riders. A lot of sport bike riders are in it for the thrill, while others are in it to be idiots on the street. Every group has their black sheep.

Wolfy, those kinds of comments just make me want to do the complete opposite of what you said. So from now on, I will make it a point to say drove instead of rode.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:47 PM

I have ridden a few of them. I think they are comfortable. A different aspect of riding actually. I rode a fatboy and a sportster. Liked the fatboy! It had apehangers, screamin eagle pipes, it was actually pretty cool.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:56 PM

my best friend has a buell firebolt (the 1200)... the bike sounds like a continuous fart, and the cooling fan is louder than the bike itself.

I also rode a buell blast for the MSF course. That thing was kinda fun. I'd love to own one and beat the **** out of it.

as for a real harley, negative. although i'd like to someday...

Old 09-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have ridden cruisers and its pretty enjoyable to ride alone I guess but not in a pack.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:01 PM

I've ridden Harleys and other cruiser type bikes like Honda Shadows etc along with mopeds, 50s, dirtbikes... they are all fun in their own rights. Just depends what kind of riding your into i guess.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:28 PM
VP

I've never ridden one...this is the first time I've heard positive feedback on one though so now I'm curious.

I'd be okay with riding a cruiser if it didn't have those ridiculous fart pipes.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:08 PM

I've ridden plenty. I'll ride anything, they're all fun, just depends on what kind of riding you want to do. If I had the money, I'd probably have at least 12 bikes. I mean, you don't just have one pair of shoes do you? You also don't play 18 holes of golf with one club eh? I can appreciate all bikes, from a chicken chaser to a gold wing. When I want to zip around the twisties, a sportbike is cool, hit the trails and get some views, a dual sport is the ticket, gonna just head off in a direction for a few days with no hurries, than a cruiser is it. I have enough bikes, but my next one will either be a nightster or a road king. As for the price, deck out a jap cruiser and they really aren't far from a harley's price tag

Old 09-21-2008, 11:53 PM

my stepdad has 3 harleys and i have ridden two of them. was actually home from school for the weekend over labor day and rode around Daytona Beach for the day. honestly, one of the most fun and relaxing rides i have taken in the 3 years i've been on the street.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend got dat new nightster i think it wuz and that HD starts at 9k..we switched bikes and i wuz comfortable and what not but i wuz happy as hell to get back on my f4i. id ride one but nvr buy one..

Quick Reply: Drove A Harley