Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Droid X2

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm way too happy with the new Verizon Samsung Charge to change.. The battery life is amazing for a 4g LTE phone.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm holding onto my OG Droid until the Bionic shows up.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 PM

I'm so out of date with phones. I've been holding onto my 3GS fr a little over two years now. I'm waiting to see what the new iPhone wil be like but damn I was just talking to a friend today about the Droid X2. Sounds pretty bad. Idk tho. We'll see. I'll wait til they all come out with their new batch of phones and make my decision

Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
I'm way too happy with the new Verizon Samsung Charge to change.. The battery life is amazing for a 4g LTE phone.
I'm looking at this baby for my next phone. When I was playing with it at Verizon it seemed a bit laggy when i would switch apps and screens and stuff. Was that just a bad one?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
If the X2 was LTE, I'd already have it. But I refuse to upgrade to a 3G phone. My Xoom is 3G (and begging VZW / Motorola for its LTE upgrade).

Droid X's received GB last week or the week before. But it comes at a cost: my X has gotten seriously unstable, with 1 - 3 reboots per day. It's prolly a bad app but I can't figure out which one
I had the GB leaks on my DX b4 the OTA came out and waited til the OTA was rooted and avail b4 I installed it. My DX has been very stable with it, so you must have a bad app lol. I dont have alot of extra apps installed and have yet to remove all the bloatware apps.

Mines rooted, deodex, themed, and oc'd too

Old 06-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
I had the GB leaks on my DX b4 the OTA came out and waited til the OTA was rooted and avail b4 I installed it. My DX has been very stable with it, so you must have a bad app lol. I dont have alot of extra apps installed and have yet to remove all the bloatware apps.

Mines rooted, deodex, themed, and oc'd too
Pretty sure it was PowerAMP, a music player replacement I installed. It wasn't playing nice with getting disconnected and reconnected to bluetooth, sometimes staying active in the notification bar but frozen.

My phone disco/ reconnects to bluetooth fairly often as I get in and out of my work truck. I uninstalled it and will see what happens

Old 06-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Originally Posted by cynicalrider
I'm looking at this baby for my next phone. When I was playing with it at Verizon it seemed a bit laggy when i would switch apps and screens and stuff. Was that just a bad one?
most likely. Mines really fast.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:59 PM

Still having good luck out of the X2 guys? Contemplating between it and the Iphone 4 on verizon. 4g coverage is almost non-existent in my area so its not worth trying to get a 4g phone right now I dont think. Kinda leaning towards the iphone cause I want something extremely reliable, good batt life, and does teh basics (texts, calls, email, surf web, play music). I use my phone for business and personal calls so being reliable is paramount. I think I would get lost in the sea of droid customization options though and I have a Blackberry right now and doing battery pulls and resets is getting old. I want something that is rock solid for my pretty basic uses.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:01 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by MeanGreenZ71
Still having good luck out of the X2 guys? Contemplating between it and the Iphone 4 on verizon. 4g coverage is almost non-existent in my area so its not worth trying to get a 4g phone right now I dont think. Kinda leaning towards the iphone cause I want something extremely reliable, good batt life, and does teh basics (texts, calls, email, surf web, play music). I use my phone for business and personal calls so being reliable is paramount. I think I would get lost in the sea of droid customization options though and I have a Blackberry right now and doing battery pulls and resets is getting old. I want something that is rock solid for my pretty basic uses.
Yeah so far I have no complaints about mine. The only time is have to restart it is after playing this app "Drag Racing" for a while and it is super addicting so you end up playing for a while. I have to restart it because the phone gets slow for some reason but that is the only app I have noticed it with. No other issues with the X2. Everyone has a iPhone so for that reason alone you should get the X2. That and its a better phone all around.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Picked up a Dx2 last night

Quick Reply: Droid X2