Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Driving while upset

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Driving while upset

I know what you mean man. I'm going through so serious stuff right now that I won't get into, but let's just say my world is being turned upseide down very quickly.

I went out for a ride yesterday, roads I take all the time, but I was upset and my judgment was clouded. Before I knew it I was going way to fast. I got frustrated at the 2 cars in front of me, so i passed them on a double line, next thing I know a truck crests the hill coming straight at me, had he not applied his brakes i would have hit him head on. To make matters worse, I was going so fast at the time, I barley was able to make the tunr after the hill, I drifted into the other lane. To make matters even worse there was a stop sign right after the turn, and I ended up flying through it at 70.

Needless to say I pulled over about a mile down the road, white knuckled and almost dead from shock, I got off the bike and took about 20 mintues to calm down.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: K0NPHL1C7

I got frustrated at the 2 cars in front of me, so i passed them on a double line, next thing I know a truck crests the hill coming straight at me, had he not applied his brakes i would have hit him head on. To make matters worse, I was going so fast at the time, I barley was able to make the tunr after the hill, I drifted into the other lane.

its fun aint it?

Old 06-25-2007, 04:23 PM

its funny how the real person tends to come out while drinking. man i know the short term sucks, but in the long run your WAY better off. lay low for a few days, have some fun with some buddies, and forget her. it sounds like she was just starting to leech off you as much as she could.

konflict - good move on hopping off and calming down. never ride pissed, its just not smart. glad your still with us man. that coulda been very bad.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

mmm hmmm...i feel for ya. but once u start offering everything under the sun and being a nice guy chicks lose interest brother. they want someone with ***** (no offense). im guessing you got away from the fuzz, thats always good. but never ever let some girl have such a great effect on you that youre willing to do some dumb **** and not care what the outcome is.

now go find some strange [sm=yeahsmile.gif]
+10000. Never ever ever ever let them have everything. U shoulda kicked that biatch in the baby-maker imho. Like hales said, get some strange, its really the only way to get over another chick.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: fuze

I been seeing this women for a while now, she has 2 kids. I've been literally doing everything i can to help them, be there for her, be a good guy, whatever. I changed my life to revolve around her. She gets hammered last nite while im sober driver and man things got nasty.... I'm not even sure what or how it happened but were not together now. I got her a baby sitter for the night and we went out, i stayed sober to drive her around places while she drank and had a good time. We end up in some house with no girls but her, just a bunch of dudes drunk as ****. I didn't want to be there and asked if we could leave, she was adament on staying there with or without me. I'm no hater so i told her to go with this other guy that she was clearly attracted to. I called a taxi and that was that. It's sickening how you can offer someone the world, but some drunk joblo off the street with no job, no cars, no house, no nothing to offer can smooth talk a girl into believing he is king. She might realize it today when she's sober, she might not. I'm not the type to fuss over a girl, so i let her go as fast as i took her in months ago.

I'm really sad, couldnt sleep all night. I figured i would go for a ride and maybe make me feel better.

What a horrible idea. I say horrible i mean like... wtf was i thinking horrible.

I don't know. I ended up up on the interstate just ******* rippin on it like is no tommorow. I passed a cop, did some stupid things, endangered a lot of people. I feel worse now, i had to head home when i realized what i was doing. The way i was driving.

Don't ride mad or upset. It's really hard to ride safe, its easy to get caught up in it and forget what your doing.

I know nobody on this site knows me, i know no one cares. Don't reply if you don't want, i'm just having a really tough day and getting on my bike almost made it worse.

I guess im happy to be alive, but still sad about loosing someone i cared about, and her kids. Man her daughter was so nice. I wish the best for them.

I dunno why, but i have to tell someone, even if its people i don't know. I've had long term relationships, but they never hurt like this. Maybe it was the kids i was getting attatched too, maybe she's not what i thought she was, i don't know. ill stop babbling to myself

Just ride safe guys, be man enough to know when you shouldn't ride.

peace out

Well, first I'd like to say that you didn't get yourself, another motorist, or police officer killed. It seems like you realized that maybe its not a great idea to go riding if you're not 100% focused on the task at hand. I think you'll find most of us, including myself, sympathetic to what you are going through but if you had hurt or killed someone..a jury making a decision on whether or not to convict you on vehicular manslaughter charges could care less.

As far as your woman situation I know what you're going through. Been there, done that and hopefully never again. One thing I've learned in my short 30 years is that you can't fix people that are broken or inherently flawed. Being the knight in shining armor might make you feel good but all you're doing is enabling her self-destructive behavior. Leave her and find someone that isnt damaged goods. By making the same choices in women you'll only end up hurting yourself in the long run.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmmmmmm strange, like diz said its the only way to get over one chick. but some times you have to slay a few in order to do that lol. get your game tight mane