F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Factory Pro EVO Shift kit - UPSET

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Pro EVO Shift kit - UPSET

Just wanted to say that I am pissed off because I finally had the time tonight after 2 months, to tear my bike down to install the Factoty Pro EVO shift kit. While I am about to put the new EVO shift kit parts in, I realize they sent me the wrong dentent arm spring. I am so bummed out because who knows how long I will have to wait for a new one, if I get one at all. When I ordered the kit from my local shop, their one distributer said the kit for the F4i was discontinued. I was able to get the kit thru another distributer, but come to find out the wrong spring was sent. I racked my brain trying to figure out how to make it work but it is impossible. Guess Im going to see if Factory Pro can send me a new one overnight so my bike isnt in pieces for weeks trying to sort this out.

So if anyone else is considering doing the EVO shift kit, beware that there is a good chance you will not get all of the right parts.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:08 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Man that blows. I have heard nothing but great things about this mod and about the company as a whole. I know having your bike torn apart sucks so hopefully you get the part you need ASAP. You said that the kit for the F4i was discontinued. I wonder why you were told that. According to Factory Pro's website they are still being produced. Now there website has them for $215 shipped which is a little steep if you ask me but they don't mention this product being discontinued. http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodh70.html. Hope this helps and good luck.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:55 AM

must have just been that particular distributer that quit carrying it.... I just got off the phone with a Factory Pro tech and Im going to send them a pic of the spring and they said they would take care of it one way or another. customer service seems good so far...

Old 03-18-2011, 09:57 PM

*UPDATE*
Factory Pro came thru for me. they were not able to identify the strange spring that came with my kit, but they sent me the correct spring and had it 2nd day air shipped to me. So I got the correct spring last night and put the bike back together. I havent had a chance to ride it yet, but I can tell the shifting is much better just going thru the gears on the rear stand. I'll give some input after I ride it to see if I can really feel a difference. Props to Factory Pro tho for outstanding customer service. and the installation was actually WAY easier than I thought it would have been.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:30 AM

How long did it take for install? Anything else inside there I should replace and/or upgrade while it's torn apart?

Old 03-20-2011, 11:17 AM

took about 2 hours. its fairly straight forward if you have some mechanical knowledge. I reccomend inspecting yout clutch and springs while its apart. with almost 21K on my clock my original clutch was still within the sedrvice limits so that saves $$$.