Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Disgusting 911 Call

Old 04-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disgusting 911 Call

(Copy and paste from another forum)

Just found this on the newspaper I read.

Original article (Swedish): http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/jag...mbulans-snalla

Here's the transcript, it's quite.. ****, don't even know what word to use. If you have 5 min it's worth a read. For easy copy pasting 23-åringen = The 23 year old. Sköterskan = Nurse. Läkaren = The doctor.

Jourläkare = Doctor on call.

The guy called earlier after taking a few painkillers, but the call is interrupted and they presume he simply hung up. He calls up a bit later saying he fainted, they ask if he consumed any alcohol.

23-åringen: No, I'm ill as well. I got a fever.

SOS:Oh, a fever? Well, how high is it?

23-åringen: *Heavy breathing and a slam noise of some sort*

SOS: Hello? Hello?

23-åringen: *Even heavier breathing is heard*

SOS: Calls out the 23 year olds name twice

23-åringen: Moaning (is that the right word? Squealing?) och and more breathing is heard, a very mumbled "Hello?" is said.

SOS: SOS 112. What have -can't tell what is said-

23-åringen: -can't tell what is said- .. ambulance!

SOS: What did you say?

23-åringen: Where is my ambulance?

SOS: You need an ambulance?

The call continues while the 23 year old for the second time gives his address to the operator who forwards him to a male nurse who replies with his name (no idea why they had to point out he's male but hey).

Sjöterskan(nurse): I'm not getting a clear picture of what you're wanting help with as you're simply running around in your flat or whatever you live in ... breathing without a problem and speaking just as well.

23-åringen: I can barely breathe now.

Sköterskan: I know, I've been listening to you. You're breathing fine.

23-åringen: No, I'm fainting! Fainting!

The 23 year old asks yet again if an ambulance is on the way and the reply is "No."

Sköterskan: Yeah, well I don't get why you're running around in your flat and saying...

23-åringen: I dropped my phone! Please, I can't breathe!

Sköterskan: Yeah, but you're breathing fine right now. Have you had similar attacks before?

23-åringen: No

Sköterskan: No.

23-åringen: I need an ambulance, please.

Sköterskan: Yes, but I...

23-åringen: I can't breathe!

Sköterskan: Can you take a deep breath?

23-åringen: No.

Sköterskan: But try to take a deep breath while I'm here.

23-åringen: (Gasps) I can't

Sköterskan: Yeah, but take a breath now!

23-åringen: I can't! Help me, please! Help me!

Sköterskan: Yeah, but you're speaking without a problem and breathing without a problem as I'm listening to you right now.

23-åringen: I have to give it my all.

Sköterskan: You what?

23-åringen: I'm giving it my all, please!

Sköterskan: Yeah, but I... I kind of can't hear that you have a breathing problem. I don't get it, is it something else? Do you have any other pains?

23-åringen: Yes, it's hurting everywhere.

Sköterskan: Okay, have you done anything the last few days?

23-åringen: I've been home sick all week.

Sköterskan: Yeah, in what way? How were you ill?

23-åringen: No but.. My whole body is subsiding (going numb). Ohh..

Sköterskan: Have you had a cold?

23-åringen: Yes, and now I can't breathe -can't hear the rest-

Sköterskan: But you're talking without any issues and I can't hear any breathing problems personally.

23-åringen: I'm calling because I can't breathe. I can't breathe anymore.

Sköterskan: But you're breathing fine. The only thing I can hear is your breathing.

23-åringen: Help!

Sköterskan: No problem. (I don't get this either)

23-åringen: Please! Send an ambulance!

Sköterskan: Yeah but I can't judge if you... we need to send an ambulance yet I can hear you breathing, standing and walking around.

23-åringen: I'm lying on the floor!

Sköterskan: You are?

23-åringen: Yes.

Sköterskan: Mhm.

The call continues with the nurse wondering how they should gain entry to the flat and the 23 year old replies that he's opened the door. This makes the nurse question whether he's actually lying on the floor.

Sköterskan: Sit up, now!

23-åringen: I'm just falling apart!

Sköterskan: No. Sit up now, grab ahold of the toilet, the sink or whatever is nearby. Just something you can get ahold of and keep yourself up. Sit up now!

23-åringen: I can't breathe, oh..

Sköterskan: Yeah, but you're breathing fine. I promise you.

23-åringen: Rustling sounds and a slam.

The nurse converses with a colleague. The 23 year old repeats that he needs an ambulance and can't breathe. The nurse questions him and says he should contact a "doctor on call". When the nurse starts asking for his name, social service number and so forth the 23 year old can't remember when he's born. After a while there's only a moaning and gurgling noise, that was the last life sign of the 23 year old.

A few minutes after 6 o clock the SOS-nurse calls a "jourläkare" and asks him to call the 23 year old. At teh same time the nurse says that SOS probably won't send an ambulance: "I have a hard time imagining that happening".

Sköterskan: Hey, I got a patient that I want you to call and make a judgement out of. I can't get a grip on it. I suspect he's a mental case.. or.. yeah, panicking or a mental case. I just don't know. He says he's had a paracetamol and an ibuprofen and that he can't move.

Läkaren(doctor): Oh, wow. (As in "Oh, wow, that sounds bad". Not "Oh, wow lol")

Sköterskan: And... but he's up and about running around the apartment saying he can't breathe, yet I can hear him breathing fine.

Läkaren: Mhm.

A "doctor on call" promises that the 23-year old will get help: "We'll help him". He also says that he'll call the 23-year old. According the the phone of the 23-year old he was called three times without any answer. Despite that SOS Alarm, the "jourläkare" didn't conclude that he might need help. It's not before two hours later a neighbour finds the 23 year old dead by his open door. The same door he left open to let the paramedics gain entry once the ambulance came.

But the ambulance never came.

Police and doctors who came to the area then concluded that the 23 year old had passed. Later an autopsy showed that he died due to a damaged spleen.

Last edited by jpanside@gmail.com; 04-20-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:52 AM
August 2011 ROTM

What were they thinking? Just send the help and let them figure out if he needs help or not.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:52 AM

man thats messed....poor fella RIP

Old 04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

damn....

he coulda had mono or something.... that makes a spleen rupture more of a possibility and he would have been home sick all week....

shows how bad pranking is, it makes legitiment phone calls not seem so legitiment. either way tho, help shoulda been sent

Last edited by Conrice; 04-20-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW that is beyond crap. RIP

Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 AM

Wow that's ****ed up. I know in the US, a cop is called to the 911 call usually immediately even if it is a prank. When I was younger my cousins called 911 from a payphone and hung up when the operator got on the line. They didn't say anything and just hung up the phone. 10 mins later a cop was at the restaurant and yelled at them for an hour. I found it hilarious since I don't like that part of the family.