Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

When you see a bike you like you:

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default When you see a bike you like you:

A: Look at it either from a distance, appreciating its beauty, or zooming in to really see the details (without touching it).

B: Take a picture of it.

C: Get someone to take a picture of you and the bike (still not touching it).

D: Try to plop your fat *** on the bike so your ignorant father/friend/whoever can take a picture of you, subsequently jolting because you made the alarm go whilst getting tapped on the shoulder by the livid owner.

Guess what happened to me Saturday afternoon?

I had just participated in this Krav Maga demonstration after finding this fat **** single cheeking my bike (the left side of the bike was parked close to a wall). I pushed the guy (a full grown man, not a kid!) to the side and asked if he wanted his camera for lunch. The father/older guy apologized and tried to brush it off with 'oh nice bike, very nice' but I wasn't having it.

It's nice when people appreciate your ride (especially when you were the one to make it look the way it does by, painting it yourself and finding all the bits and bobs to make it exactly the way you want it to look) but come on people! No touching! I've hovered over countless bikes but it wouldn't occur to me to touch it, let alone try to sit on it...

The alarm usually deters people from touching but this simpleton somehow missed the BRIGHT BLUE flashing led located in the steering nut cap.

I told a friend of mine and he said his friend has a 100K westcoast chopper and people sat on it all the time.... I bet he has an alarm on it now!

Have you had people sit on your bike or even knock it over?!

Old 04-19-2011, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i would never even touch someone else's property without them around, but that's me. parking one of my bikes in front of a retail store i used to work taught me that different people have widely different personal standards about this sort of thing, and some have absolutely no issue whatsoever with helping themselves.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah some people just dont care. they usually have harmless intentions and just want to see what its like to be on one or touch one but that doesnt make it ok. Id never grab anyones stuff or sit on some random bike so i dont get it when other people do it just confuses me. Sometimes me and my friend would go out at night and wed come back and thered be girls posing against his car or on his hood and **** and hed have to be like get your fat*ss off my hood before theyd move. Im worried about leaving my bike somewhere in public like that for long periods of time now. If some retard knocks it over they wont care, youre just screwed for the damage it caused.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My biggest thing is that non-motorcycle owners just usually have zero clue about how much (little) lean it takes on a bike before it gets heavy and you have to catch it or it's going over. They don't expect it. They see guys on TV leaning over in turns dragging knees and pegs and then pop right back up like its nothing. The perception is that a bike is light and nimble. They don't realize that sitting on the stand it's a top heavy accident waiting to happen if you don't know what you're doing.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:04 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

sitting on someones bike without them around is like seeing a nice convertible ferrari and just hopping inside to take a photo. would you do it, i dont think so unless you want to spend a night in jail for attempted theft. i think same principle applies to bikes.

and a fat *** tried to take advantage of your bike........take advantage of them and make some money. i would tell him to give me some cash because i have to go to the shop and readjust the suspension. ($100 standard fee....lol) they probably dont know any better anyways.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:24 AM

I havent had this problem yet but it is absolutely jaw dropping that people would even think to be that inconsiderate of other peoples stuff like scorpion said thats like jumping into a car for pictures. you wouldnt do that so why the hell would you sit on someones bike?

Old 04-19-2011, 10:28 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

ide take a pic of it haha I take pics of other peoples nice cars/bikes all the time

but obv. being a bike owner ide never dream of touching it

thats like having a convertible Ferrari, and someone thinks its nice so they just plop on in it (with the top down) and sit there

but my spy5000 takes car of my ride... cant even get within a few feet of it

Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 AM

I've had drunk people sit on it when I parked it outside of bars. I was not pleased. You wouldn't go sitting on some random persons car would you?

Old 04-19-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__
ide take a pic of it haha I take pics of other peoples nice cars/bikes all the time

but obv. being a bike owner ide never dream of touching it

thats like having a convertible Ferrari, and someone thinks its nice so they just plop on in it (with the top down) and sit there

but my spy5000 takes car of my ride... cant even get within a few feet of it
I also have a Spy alarm, just not the 5000 one. I'm pretty sure I could get the proximity sensor for it though... Then again, I was looking at the 5000 as the one to get but went with the model below it because I could get it for a good price. Is the pager worth the extra money?

Old 04-19-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by cynicalrider
I've had drunk people sit on it when I parked it outside of bars. I was not pleased. You wouldn't go sitting on some random persons car would you?
YouTube - Drunk girl cant hold up motorcycle