Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Depression

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008 | 09:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Depression

Funny Ten, it's okay to inject a little humor in this thread, reminds me of this pic:

Name:  worse.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  33.8 KB

Old 01-10-2008 | 10:50 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

...but God is where it's at.

Where what is at? No more sad? An endless, bright future? Seventy-one virgins? What? You sound like an expert, so please, enlighten me.

No, don't. Just shut your **** holster. God doesn't care if you're sad. Look...you're still sad and yet you purport to imply that all is well in Zion. Why do you think they call it a '****-eating grin'? Because you've been led to believe that poop tastes good, that you love it, and that God cares whether you're happy or not. Jesus man, emotions are chemicals inside your head--not fairy tales. Peter Pan won't save you, you have to do it yourself.

Old 01-10-2008 | 11:09 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Where what is at? No more sad? An endless, bright future? Seventy-one virgins? What? You sound like an expert, so please, enlighten me.

No, don't. Just shut your **** holster. God doesn't care if you're sad. Look...you're still sad and yet you purport to imply that all is well in Zion. Why do you think they call it a '****-eating grin'? Because you've been led to believe that poop tastes good, that you love it, and that God cares whether you're happy or not. Jesus man, emotions are chemicals inside your head--not fairy tales. Peter Pan won't save you, you have to do it yourself.

The only sad things here are your lack of wisdom, (which can be corrected), your cynical and just plain hateful views, (which depends
on how far gone you are), your lack of intelligence, (some have it, some lost it, some never had it and some won't get the time to find it.)

Arguments like your's, which is a bold definition and is used loosely here are so old, so plain, everyday, that they are not worth
arguing over.

I'll just say this.

Someone who truly believes doesn not suddenly think their suffering, sadness, or all their pain will stop and cease to exist forever.

In fact, it's usually just the opposite for someone who finds faith.

You chose part of a sentence I posted, and I get this back.

But trust me man, you are the one who is lost.

I've been right where you are dude. I know what's going on in your mind.

Nothing I can do but hope you find out differently before your amount of patience is used up.

Old 01-10-2008 | 11:11 PM

Spirit, how do you place our existance on this world? It has a very wierd sort of 'perfection' to it. The kind of perfection that says 'how could this have happened to fall together so well?" It's not whether or not you follow a religion. The point is whether or not you believe that this could not have happened by accident. I do not follow religion, but I do believe that this universe could not have created something this perfect. I believe you make your own way and have to face those chemicals and physics created there in, but I also believe that he/she/whomever has created this reality in which I reside for such a short period will not take time out to help me. It's your reality to shape however you chose. Shall I quote Mr. Hawking or should we move on?

Old 01-10-2008 | 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Spirit, how do you place our existance on this world? It has a very wierd sort of 'perfection' to it. The kind of perfection that says 'how could this have happened to fall together so well?" It's not whether or not you follow a religion. The point is whether or not you believe that this could not have happened by accident. I do not follow religion, but I do believe that this universe could not have created something this perfect. I believe you make your own way and have to face those chemicals and physics created there in, but I also believe that he/she/whomever has created this reality in which I reside for such a short period will not take time out to help me. It's your reality to shape however you chose. Shall I quote Mr. Hawking or should we move on?
No...keep going. Maybe you'll connect on some level.

Old 01-11-2008 | 12:58 AM

If you ever want to talk or just bored, want to drop a line, you are very welcome to email me or pm me.

An old friend of mine sent this to me a while ago:

Old 01-11-2008 | 01:45 AM
|

yeah i'm still fighting. no matter how much i go to the gym or socialize with friends or ride the bike, I always end up with that 'better off dead' mentallity. i'm taking anti-depressants, talking once a week to a psych, trying to stay outside as much as possible, meeting new people, spending as much time with friends as possible, even doing a workbook where i fill in the blanks about things that are going on in my life (The Feeling Good handbook by David Burns) but nothing's working...

i'm tired of fighting, but i keep doing it anyway.

it's lame...

Old 01-11-2008 | 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

yeah i'm still fighting. no matter how much i go to the gym or socialize with friends or ride the bike, I always end up with that 'better off dead' mentallity. i'm taking anti-depressants, talking once a week to a psych, trying to stay outside as much as possible, meeting new people, spending as much time with friends as possible, even doing a workbook where i fill in the blanks about things that are going on in my life (The Feeling Good handbook by David Burns) but nothing's working...

i'm tired of fighting, but i keep doing it anyway.

it's lame...

It's not easy and there is no magic fix. Just keep up with the things that make you feel good. At some point down the line things will connect properly again and you'll move forward. I was quite depressed for a very long period of time. I was never on anti-depressants, but I had a shrink for a while. Your mood will turn around. Hang in there, bud.