Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Depression

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 06:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Depression

man, i hear you and this is no joke.....i went through this last summer. If felt like everything was all wrong and i never felt happy. it does turn around for the better. just keep your head up and things will turn around.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:04 AM

Depression runs in the family here, i lost my mother to it. You have to want to do life for youself.

Goodluck brother I hope you are OK. Life is full of opportunity and change. Maybe change is what you need right now to brighten your outlook.

Stay strong man. There's not a lot of words to help i know, but you can do it.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am absolutely impressed with everyone saying, "stay away" from the liquor.

I went through a divorce (5yrs of marrage, 5yrs of dating) last year. Wife said she didn't love me the day I came home from spreading my dad's ashes. It can be a little rough. But try not to bury it. Just get through it. Force yourself to go out and be with friends. Force yourself to be active, the act of exercising actually causes your body to release endorphins, kind of a natural high.

If you feel it's unbareable, talk to a quack about antidepressants to get you through the worst times...just be cautious, some are addictive and very hard to get off.

Either way, just hunker down and bear with the pain. The only thing that can be said...is that time heals.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:14 AM

You're getting some excellent advice here. Different things work for different people, but they're all worth trying.

There's a lot of beauty in the world, if you're willing to let it in, so take a walk in a really pretty area, or listen to some great music, or if you paint or play an instrument, sit down and create something. Even wrenching on your bike or cleaning the house can give you a nice feeling of accomplishment and remind you that you do have some ability to control and improve your surroundings.

Hard work releases endorphins, which are natural antidepressants, so go to the gym, or for a run, or chop some firewood.

Some depression is rooted in chemical imbalances in the brain, and can really be helped by medication.

And whatever else you do, know that there are a lot of us out here pulling for you.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:15 AM

"I'm looking California
AndFeeling Minnesota" Outshined bySoundgarden

I always try to remember that there is always somebody
more lonely, more broke, more sad than I am. I lost my
brother by suicide 15 years ago on December 13th 1992.
It breaks my heart everyday knowing he left behind two
little girls who were too young to remember their dad.
One is 18 & pregnant with a baby boy, the other is 16 & just gave birth to
a little boy. Soon there is gonna be two little boys that
will never get to know their granddad. Which sucks !!

Fly, hang tight man, there are always blue skies thru
those dark clouds.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:51 AM

Keep that chin up. I know that these times come but they also have a way of leaving as well. Its the people you have around you that will help pull you thru it all. And i know that all of us here are pulling for you as well. Like been said, do make of a list of the things you have that you are thankful for and are good things. Alcohol wont help, try your hardest to be active, it will help--as hard as it is.

Best wishes for the Holiday season,

YellownBlack

Old 12-21-2007, 09:55 AM

I know this might not be the answer for everyone. For me that helps me out when I get like this is I go and get more tattoo work. Most of the time I just get the ones I have recolored but it works for me.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:33 AM

Go to the gym. Maybe you could try getting a piece of strange from the hot girl on the treadmill.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Banned

Everything that has been said here is probably the best advice you can get!!!

This seasonal or occasional depression probably has something to do with our lifestyles. We ride for the fun and the rush it gives us. You my friend go to the next level by flying. I could only imagine the satisfaction you get by flying. Dont let it get the best of you. You will be back in the saddle again before you know it!!!

The last thing you want to do is crack open the bottle, that is the easy way of masking the problems we face. There is a multiple of things you can do to release the endorphins and the energy needed to help put your mind at ease. Gym, running, working, laborious work (yard work, house work, etc....).

I know you probably dont have a problem with drugs and alcohol, and I am not implying that you do. But sometimes when I am having difficult times I will go to AA meetings and just sit in the back watch and listen. I have been sober since June of 02'. But I only attend the meetings when I feel the need to. But I have taken a few friends with me when times were bad for them. It was a great tool for some of them to take a look at what is going on in their lives. Not necessarilly about addiction, just about life in general.

Good luck, and you have completed your first step in getting out of this, by just sitting down and venting.

Vent all you want bro, we are all here to listen!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2007, 11:54 AM
RCR

Ya stay away from the Booze and that friggin Radio (always plays the depressing music after a break up)

Its hard to change after being in a relationship, you get comfortable and in ways have a routine. I divorced after 14 years and it was a shock and depression set in for me also. I layed around and had doubts about myself and so on. My friends helped out alot and wouldn't let me go down that way. I was back dating a month later and was feeling a hell of alot better after getting laid agian. Not that the ex was forgotten but damn it felt good to get some. Needless to say have been married agian for 5 years and it would be nice to get some new action agian (just kidding love my wife).

Hang in there and don't give up the flying. You should be proud that you have accomplished that and want to get back into your old position of scaring the hell out of your passengers....

Quick Reply: Depression