Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Depression

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007 | 01:14 PM
Default RE: Depression

No...don't listen to them. Come...come down...all the way in a downward spiral--yes...that's it, you should know how to fall from the sky...oh wait, you can't fly anymore...come...come down to where it always hurts. Screw exercising, screw your old hobbies, screw screwing...just sit here, with the rest of us who know better...there is no happiness...it's all an illusion...sit here and focus on the pain until you close your eyes--yes, that's it...lay down...go to sleep, you will never wake up, it will never be alright...come...

Old 12-22-2007 | 01:19 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

No...don't listen to them. Come...come down...all the way in a downward spiral--yes...that's it, you should know how to fall from the sky...oh wait, you can't fly anymore...come...come down to where it always hurts. Screw exercising, screw your old hobbies, screw screwing...just sit here, with the rest of us who know better...there is no happiness...it's all an illusion...sit here and focus on the pain until you close your eyes--yes, that's it...lay down...go to sleep, you will never wake up, it will never be alright...come...
SpiritRR you work for the suicide hot line huh[:@]

Old 12-22-2007 | 01:25 PM

I was depressed for about 2 years after I got out of a long term relationship over a girl, then I finally met someone that cheered me up, 5 years later she still makes me happy thats why I married her....you have to keep on keepin on! alcohol is not the answer, its just going to make things worse.

I find physical work a great way to take your mind off things.

Old 12-22-2007 | 01:51 PM

1-800-SUICIDE

The best is when the chick on the answering message comes in at about 2:02. "If you wish to reserve our drowning pool, press 3" LOL

Old 12-22-2007 | 02:21 PM

Winter is the season for depression, holidays, family, great deals of stress rather it be work or relationships. I guess because they sun isn't out as much to polute you with happiness. Always keep your head on straight, try to keep yourself occupied with things you enjoy. Drinking, drugs, anti-depressants aren't the way to go. It's always rough this time of year. Usually I'll buy something to cheer me up if I'm feeling down. Or remember I have kids that need a role model and don't need to see me in self pity. My 2 Cents!

Old 12-22-2007 | 02:48 PM

Hang in there and keep your head up, friend. Time will heal your pain.

Old 12-22-2007 | 03:27 PM

Pay a decent doctor to really diagnose you, and treat you with something. Drugs, physical therapy, therapy sessions.

I pay one $200 an hour, and I'm one of his charity cases. But, been going only 2 months now, and feel better than I have in years.

There is no one diagnosis for what I have.

Drinking makes things worse, stop that crap.

Drinking makes any one and everyone into dicks and dumbasses, yet it is the only legal and least regulated drug there is.

Stupid *** laws they have on pharmacology,psychopharmacology etc.

Everytime I see a Sam Adams commercial I'd like to soak their friggin heads in a vat of that **** they are slingin'.

Old 12-22-2007 | 10:53 PM

Hey Fly,

Keep positive! The gym is an excellent idea!! +30000. STAY AWAY from the depressants(sp) for a looong while. Keep yourself on a consistent sleeping pattern and find aid if you can't sleep. Eat healthy. Write down daily goals..start small and work up from there. Have your blood sugar checked out and make sure thats in check. Get out, stay active and socialize, don't stay in one place. Maybe pick up an old hobby or find a new one.

Family has a history of depression, so i've witness a LOT of cases 1st hand and gone through my own ups and downs. PM if you have any questions and i will try to be as enlighting as I can.

Old 12-22-2007 | 11:53 PM

I have been through depression and the hardest thing is realizing that there is no quick fix. I tried to find one in alcohol for a while, but it is a depressant and just makes things worse.

Actually, the hardest thing for me was going to see a doctor - I don't know why I didn't want to go, I guess it was pride. This is what helped me the most. Talking to someone, and yes, I did get a prescription for Serzone (prozac). The medicine takes a while to really take effect, but it did help. I think that you should also try to see someone professionally- at least once.

Other things that helped:
-forcing myself to spend time with friends- I didn't want to initially, but I would feel better afterwards
-exercise- another thing I had to force myself to do
-eat healthier, including dringing lots of water
-try to keep to a regular sleep schedule
-DON'T stay inside and by yourself all day, even though that is what you want to do.

You have been given a lot of good advice from a lot of people on this forum. I hope you are doing and feeling better! feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.

Old 12-23-2007 | 01:04 AM

Good advice but Prozac did nothing for me.

In fact one thing I did suffer from for a few years was what they call "walking depression".

It's where you do things to intentionally keep yourself depressed.

(Like being on automatic Goth mode or something.)

It was all part of the don't care Metal daze for me, playing in bands...yada fugfgin ya...

Anyway, SSRI's did nothing for me, and neither do MAOI's or Tricyclic's

Now, I am on...other meds, (sorry private info) have a great doctor, actually two,
the new and major one is also a professor at a local big time college.

He's putting me on an excercise program soon as he makes sure my blood pressure stays fine.

(Last reading was 124/80)...so it's looking good.

He also wants me to be..less moody, brooding, get out more...

"Stop going into a cave after work." "I want you to take one of those at night, and get out and do something, meet people again."

"Positive actions bring positive moods and changes, and that builds on itself."

I would be out now, but family is over, and it's also about 24 friggin degrees outside.

Anyway, if you are depressed, the worst thing you can do is take a depressant, which alcohol is.

Alcohol is the single worst drug ever to have existed on this planet.

Causes more deaths, debt, crime, than any other drug. Even the illegal ones.

Also, alcohol is the only drug that you can die from the withdrawls, once you stop drinking.

Also, booze makes people friggin obnoxious and they lose their ability to think and more importantly shut up.

And get over the chick.

Yeah it hurts a bit, maybe even a week or two, but all that goes away, and pretty soon you think back and say,
"wtf was I thinking being with that b**ch?"

ORIGINAL: Onarom

I have been through depression and the hardest thing is realizing that there is no quick fix. I tried to find one in alcohol for a while, but it is a depressant and just makes things worse.

Actually, the hardest thing for me was going to see a doctor - I don't know why I didn't want to go, I guess it was pride. This is what helped me the most. Talking to someone, and yes, I did get a prescription for Serzone (prozac). The medicine takes a while to really take effect, but it did help. I think that you should also try to see someone professionally- at least once.

Other things that helped:
-forcing myself to spend time with friends- I didn't want to initially, but I would feel better afterwards
-exercise- another thing I had to force myself to do
-eat healthier, including dringing lots of water
-try to keep to a regular sleep schedule
-DON'T stay inside and by yourself all day, even though that is what you want to do.

You have been given a lot of good advice from a lot of people on this forum. I hope you are doing and feeling better! feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.

Quick Reply: Depression