Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DENVER STRIKES GOLD!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DENVER STRIKES GOLD!

Kobe is far from garbage. You can't discuss sports or anything else if people are seriuos with some of the stuff they say. One on one Iverson will bust that *** but Kobe ain't trash. Both share the same rookie season and Iverson has scored more points, assist and steals in less games.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:57 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Well AI had a nice game tonite, 22pts and 10assist i believe, as i said earlier i think he will work out well there, and not bad for sitting 2 weeks, getting off a plane and onto anew court. Now that being said Kobe is definately a better player then AI and i dont care that much for either. But really i dont even think that merits discussion, if you are talking about the best in the game right now i dont think you can put AI in the conversation. I think it has to come down to Kobe, Lebron, and Wade, now while all of them are obviously great i think Lebron is still a little behind. So between Kobe and Wade, they both have great all around games, either can take over in an instant, both can defend, however i think that Wade is a better team player and learned that right from the start, where is Kobe is just now getting the hint. As far as your argument Roki530i, Lakers have a better record yes, they also played like 14 of there first 20 games at home, you also stated that "Kobe does not have as much to work with" i think if you look at the 2 teams you are very wrong there, he has a better team around him then Wade. I will conced the harder division though. I'll also concede that im slightly biased to Wade, but they are both great players and only time will truly tell, but i cant wait for Monday to watch them play each other

Old 12-23-2006, 05:00 AM
Retired Moderator

Tk...you are a fan of the game. Kobe is, just this year, getting a clue. His ppg average is down 8 points, but I believe his assist average is up four per game ( may be six). I agree that Kobe and Wade are the two top dogs, but Lebron is really not that far behind. He is only 21 years old (he will be 22 this month), and I don't think there is any player in the league with the burden that he has. From his debut on the court, he has been expected to be the savior of the Cavs. That is unfair. A nineteen year old shouldn't have that on his shoulders. Kobe hardly played his first year, and Lebron was supposed to bring home a ring his first year (not literally). Anyway, I appreciate your comments. B-ball is my favorite television and radio activity (too bad I can't play it for $hit).

Old 12-23-2006, 05:52 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Tk...you are a fan of the game. Kobe is, just this year, getting a clue. His ppg average is down 8 points, but I believe his assist average is up four per game ( may be six). I agree that Kobe and Wade are the two top dogs, but Lebron is really not that far behind. He is only 21 years old (he will be 22 this month), and I don't think there is any player in the league with the burden that he has. From his debut on the court, he has been expected to be the savior of the Cavs. That is unfair. A nineteen year old shouldn't have that on his shoulders. Kobe hardly played his first year, and Lebron was supposed to bring home a ring his first year (not literally). Anyway, I appreciate your comments. B-ball is my favorite television and radio activity (too bad I can't play it for $hit).
I certainly cant argue with anything you said there, and Lebron definately has the broadest shoulders. In time he is going to be great there is no doubt, but along with being young himself he has a young team with him, but in the long run i think thats good and they can gel together, but i think he needs one more really good player at his side to relieve some preassure. Kobe is in a similar situation starting over with a young team and they get better every game, and this year Odom is really stepping in to help and putting up nice numbers to help, where last year until the playoffs it was all Kobe. Dont feel too bad either im not exactly gonna be going pro anytime soon either hehe, GO SUNS (bummer they lost tonite, but they just got home in time to get to the arena) and go D-Wade on xmas