Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Luck strikes twice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Luck strikes twice?

This might be the 2nd time luck kissed my bike. Finally got some time to survey the damage from the spill and looks like the right upper cowl is interfering with the controls. Doesn't look like the fairing stay is bent. And I imagine there'd be a lot more damage from an impact that could damage it. So it looks like the right control might be bent... And what do I have here?

Another right handlebar I ordered a month ago but been too lazy to put on. The first time something like this happened was when I discovered the wrong spacers being on the front axle. I had just finished cursing when my girlfriend brought a package containing the new front axle + spacers I had ordered a week earlier

Old 11-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see how having spare on hand or on order is lucky. You may be on the way to earning a boyscout merit badge for being prepared!

Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like you could be savin some money if you had gotten a parts bike Kuro.. lol

Old 11-16-2009, 01:30 PM

Lol well wasn't lucky... and am extremely lucky.

(Bad luck) Fairing stay is bent, not the clip on. $140 for a new one from Ron Ayers

(Good luck) Got my electric bill from PECO energy: -$703. PECO had been unable to to remotely read my meter since about March and had been estimating the bill on past usage. Last month, I finally isolated an electrical issue in my apartment causing 3x - 4x usage. So when they finally read the meter, it was reading true at 1/4th their estimate usage. And they're refunding me the cash they overbilled me.

So what should I do with the other $650???

Old 11-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

.................hmmm new tires .......some nice gear !

Old 11-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
So what should I do with the other $650???
Get a part's bike for the next disaster you find on your bike you kook!!

That or you could rebuild your forks, do an f4i gauge swap, and do some searching for new fairings/stay..

Old 11-16-2009, 02:07 PM

Fairing stay will be ordered on friday along with misc bolts and grommets (to mount the radiator how it's supposed to be). Also bent the rear brake lever during the drop but gonna just grab one off ebay

The F4i gauge swap is very tempting. Been looking at that for a minute. Just have to figure out how to mount it.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Holy electric overestimate..damn. Glad you got that money back.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Elfling
Holy electric overestimate..damn. Glad you got that money back.
A 1 bedroom apt without AC generating an electric bill of $170 for Aug? I'd say so. Took turning off breakers 1 at a time until needed for a month before tracking it down. Bill dropped to $45 after PECO came out to visually read the meter (they didn't believe the remote reading). But I got fixer upper money now.

Obviously the fairing stay gets replaced (brake reservoir jams on the fairing stay at the mirror mount). Despite rarely using it, gonna replace the rear brake lever too. I *think* the CCT is going so that's on the list as well.

So what's left? Performance mods aren't me.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:36 AM

dont let that f3 nickel dime you to death bro... put that money down on a neww 600RR..

Quick Reply: Luck strikes twice?