Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crysis wot Crysis

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crysis wot Crysis

Getting this from my Magazine interview from Cevat Yerli.

MPC:

As the game nears its realease date, has the development team found it necessary to scale back any features in order to obtain reasonable performance on midrange hardware, with midrange being defined as an INtel core Duo E6600, 2GB ram, and either a Radeon HD 2900XT with 512mb of ram or a Geforce 8800GTS with 640mb ram?

Yerli:

If thats midrand for you, then not at all! This spec is well within our plans, Most important to us is that we scale Crysis from a three-year-old configuration (by release date) to a current and next-gen config and take maximum performance from the available hardware. Our benchmark has been to compete for various generations of hardware alongside the generations of games shipped around them. For example, our min spec is competing with Far Cry, and that's over three-and-a-half years old.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: ta8218

Ok anyone who has it... will dual 8800 GTS 640's, 4GB of 800 mhz ram, dual 10k hard drives in raid-0, and an AMD FX-62 overclocked to 3.4 Ghz give me any expectations of max settings?

Drop the 4 gigs to 2 gigs. Games can run faster with 2 gigs. Its less memory the pc has to go through. Also with 4 gigs you're not running in dual channel mode. That isnt bad if you have them overclocked.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Liked the demo, so went out & bought it. Been really enjoying the game, then just like so many other games they throw in the most boring scenario, if your playing it, does the game get better after the "Alien ship" or should I just stop there?
Ok I know the story line has you fighting North Koreans & saving mankind, but why do they put this kinda crap into an already good thing??

Old 11-29-2007, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

Liked the demo, so went out & bought it. Been really enjoying the game, then just like so many other games they throw in the most boring scenario, if your playing it, does the game get better after the "Alien ship" or should I just stop there?
Ok I know the story line has you fighting North Koreans & saving mankind, but why do they put this kinda crap into an already good thing??

I'll buy it from ya then.

O ya and the "Alien Ship"..........Lalalalallalalala.......I cant hear you.........lalallalalala........I havent played it yet...........lallalalalla

Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

Been the game awhile ago..You havent seen anything till you start fighting the aliens,the alien ship is about HALF way through..