Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

It cost 10 grand!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It cost 10 grand!

a coworker of mine got e-coli and it ended up being 10k for 3 days in the hospital with tons of tests
all they did was give him some kind of steroid and tell him not to eat meat for a few days and gradually get back into it over a few weeks

his insurance is trying not to pay saying his diabetes has something to do with it
pre-existing condition cop out

Old 12-15-2007, 10:12 PM

A little over $30,000.

This included a 6day stay, CTscan, ER visit, removed Spleen, Emergency Sugeory, and countless amounts of morphine with3blood transfusions in the 3days that I can actually rememeber well.

I did get a deal on the Ambulance ride. My friend's brother is a Paramedic who owned a small ambulance service(that would do dirtbike races, sporting events, etc) and he put me onhis ownbackboard and strapped my neck in. Which is the most expensive part due to the risk involved in moving a potentially broken neck/back. All I really had to pay was the ride which came out to about $400 for a 5mile ride.

P.S. I almost died because they misread my CTscan. They said I had a perforated spleen when it was infact busted in half. The Radiologist somehow missed it. I just remember them waking me up to tell me what's going on and hauling butt to the OR. They didn't even make me count when they knocked me out.

Also if you are wondering why the Anesthesiolgist is often times more expensive than the surgery it's self. It's because they have the highest malpractice insurance rates since they get the blame for everything.

Dentists also have the highest suicide rate of any profession.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:15 PM

Oh yeah. Which Hospital did they send you to? I hope you didn't get Gainesville or worste yet Winder.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:42 PM

early october,i wadded-up my right hand-7 breaks-the attending ERdoctor just sent me a bill for $275.00
that is after ER costs!!-my remaining insurance deductable is $275-thats what the bill is for????
the doctors are not only f**king the patients,they are f**king the insurance companies as well!!
a monkey couldhave looked at the x-rays and figured out that the knuckle was not in correct form!!
the docter"s bill was $595.00-i did not even see him 5 minutes!Name:  angry.gif
Views: 6
Size:  179 Bytes
thank god i have insurance-i mean a medical coupon book!!!
if you go to the ER it will end up being nothing more then gang rape!!Name:  hump.gif
Views: 5
Size:  372 Bytes

at work,they know better then to dispatch me a doctor's car to work on,as the repair prices will be high!!Name:  smile.gif
Size:  1.0 KB

Old 12-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had a great medical system here, that started back in the 70's, any visit to a Doctor (private) for a consultation was free, it was "Bulk Billed" to the government, as a small tax was paid from your pay toward it, sure it covered people that could not/did not work, but that was the rationale behind it. It also covered you if you went to hospital, for emergency needs.
So our governement decided to "privatise" it, meaning it was bought as a private company, made the government a s**t load of money & they kept 51% of it.
Now, very few doctors "bulk bill", you have to have either private health insurance or pay a hefty tax bill every year. The heath insurance goes up at least twice a year, you still can go to hospital free for emergencies, but if your in a private health fund you get charged for it!!!
Doctors here have a standard fee ($ wot ever for this & that) if your in a private fund, they charge over it, so ok your insurance covers the standard fee, but you make up the difference.
My father-in-law had a small op on a hernia, cost him $1000 more for each doctor there (all up $3000). I'd like to see one of these guys reaction if they say bought a meal at a cafe on the menu for $10 & get a bill for $100 cos their doctors. It seems health systems are a rip off every where.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

Doctors here have a standard fee ($ wot ever for this & that) if your in a private fund, they charge over it, so ok your insurance covers the standard fee, but you make up the difference.
My father-in-law had a small op on a hernia, cost him $1000 more for each doctor there (all up $3000). I'd like to see one of these guys reaction if they say bought a meal at a cafe on the menu for $10 & get a bill for $100 cos their doctors. It seems health systems are a rip off every where.
doctors are very greedy,i understand there is a need for higher costs-due to stupid lawsuits-for stupid things and the insurance they need to handle matters,as
such!!they are being excessive with their costs to the patients!!!-f**k them,the funny part is if you have to have a return vistit-they will charge you again!!!Name:  hump.gif
Size:  372 Bytesdue to a mis-diagnosed problem-this is also how they f**k insurance companies-when it fails-you(the consumer)pays the difference!!-they are going to screw somebody hard!!!-F**K THEM!!!Name:  angry.gif
Size:  179 Bytes

Old 12-16-2007, 04:27 PM

Air Force. No Medical/Dental Bills.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:30 PM

doctors are very greedy,i understand there is a need for higher costs-due to stupid lawsuits-for stupid things and the insurance they need to handle matters,as
such!!they are being excessive with their costs to the patients!!!-f**k them,the funny part is if you have to have a return vistit-they will charge you again!!!due to a mis-diagnosed problem-this is also how they f**k insurance companies-when it fails-you(the consumer)pays the difference!!-they are going to screw somebody hard!!!-F**K THEM!!!
Hrm, Excessive costs to patients. Patients sue. Excessive cost to patients. Patient sues. - Does the cycle end? No, because their will always be a person that feels the doctor f**ked up and file a law suit. Therefore - Doctors will continue to charge excessive costs. As soon as people stop suing maybe the cost of medical bills would go down. Just my theory/opinion please no flaming me, I have low self esteem. (not)

Old 12-16-2007, 04:51 PM

An acquaintance of mine is married to a neuro-surgeon, and while it's true he makes around $750k (just a guess), malpractice is over forty percent of his income.

It is a vicious circle, and since I don't even have insurance [sm=smiley18.gif], it's exactly like fishfryer said, 'there is no hope'. [&o]

Old 12-16-2007, 05:23 PM

Long time ago i crashed a dirtbike into a cultivator and put a deep gash about ten inches long down my left arm.
I didn't want to make my mom pay for a hospital bill, so i boiled staples and the head of a pnuematic staplegun and did my best to put myself back together. didn't tell her till i was through.

Quick Reply: It cost 10 grand!