Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cop weirdness

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cop weirdness

Today was maint time for Ororo. For a change I pulled her on the street in front of my apt door. That way I could leave my door open and blast the stereo for a bit of music. The plan was to flush / deglaze / bleed / clean the brake system, clean / lube the chain and give her the two week wash & wax. Since I was gonna be doing chain maint, I put her up on the stands where I parked her and got to work.

You know how you can feel someone staring at you? Well my back was to the street and I got that creepy crawly feeling up my neck So I turn around and there's 2 cops in a paddy wagon directly behind me And they're just sitting there, staring I'm not doing anything wrong so I turn back to my work. And they sit there staring long enough to back up traffic on the 1 lane street. They never said a word, never asked a question. Just sat there staring at me for about 5 minutes. Was pretty obvious I wasn't stealing the bike I thought Unless I was a OCD thief that did chain maint before jacking the bike.

Weirder still they came back later and did the whole stare routine again. At that point I was in the middle of waxing her. Guess I want to look good on a stolen ride?

Cops are weird sometimes

Old 05-16-2010, 05:50 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kuroshio
today was maint time for ororo. For a change i pulled her on the street in front of my apt door. That way i could leave my door open and blast the stereo for a bit of music. The plan was to flush / deglaze / bleed / clean the brake system, clean / lube the chain and give her the two week wash & wax. Since i was gonna be doing chain maint, i put her up on the stands where i parked her and got to work.

You know how you can feel someone staring at you? Well my back was to the street and i got that creepy crawly feeling up my neck So i turn around and there's 2 cops in a paddy wagon directly behind me And they're just sitting there, staring I'm not doing anything wrong so i turn back to my work. And they sit there staring long enough to back up traffic on the 1 lane street. They never said a word, never asked a question. Just sat there staring at me for about 5 minutes. Was pretty obvious i wasn't stealing the bike i thought Unless i was a ocd thief that did chain maint before jacking the bike.

Weirder still they came back later and did the whole stare routine again. At that point i was in the middle of waxing her. Guess i want to look good on a stolen ride?

Cops are weird sometimes
lol

Old 05-16-2010, 08:21 PM

shoulda asked them what was wrong so they'd leave you alone

Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 PM

Heh I didn't even have my usual Wrenching Beer with me since I was on a public street. In my driveway I'll usually have a 6 pack in a bucket of ice since the driveway is fenced off making it private property.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 PM

Or they probably just thought you were cute and hoped you'd offer them a ride

Old 05-16-2010, 10:03 PM

Careful Sara. I might send them your way next time I see them so they can ogle you. At least it'd be more gender appropriate

Old 05-17-2010, 12:15 AM

Shouldve said what's up. The cops always stop by my place when I'm working in the driveway in front of the garage behind the fence. My neighbor always calls the police on me when I'm wrenching with the garage door up or in front of the garage. If I have the grill going they usually grab a sausage and juice and act like they are telling me off but all they ever say is "keep it in fence and don't worry bout the neighbor but we are just doing our job." Since it is illegal to work on a vehicle in your driveway or in front of your house. But behind the fence and the garage is cool. Somebody probably called them on you just say hello next time.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:24 AM

Might be illegal here too. Hasn't stopped people doing oil changes and front end work on the street.

As for saying 'Sup' to those cops, they had the 'Look'

Basically the feeling I got from them was any response other than continuing what I was doing would have been perceived as a challenge to them.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:30 AM

Haha good one !!!! One of my favorite episodes. Yea somebody called the boys on you. Every on my street works on their hotrods and harleys and the driveway or in front of the house but I'm the only to ever get bothered doing it cuz of the a$$hole next door. Lol he told the guy across the street I was a typical rapper gangster type guy with my pitbull and loud music. He forgot to mention the teacup poddle and me planting flowers every year

Old 05-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but please say you named your bike Ororo after Storm because that would be awesome to the max.