Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cop pulls gun on Staff Seargent for excessive speeding

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010 | 01:05 PM

Wow, that cop really wants to get shot doesn't he?!? The car is unmarked, so the average person wouldn't recognize it as a cop car. He doesn't have a uniform on. He doesn't show his badge or even have it in a place where it can be seen. And worst of all, he doesn't even identify himself as a cop till the end... If a cop did that same thing to me, he would have gotten three bullets, center-mass. He just looks like another road-rager or worse yet, a mugger. Some guy jumps out of his car and pulls a gun on me, I promise I'll be the first one to fire. What an idiot

Old 10-19-2010 | 05:58 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by monsterjeepn
Wow, that cop really wants to get shot doesn't he?!? The car is unmarked, so the average person wouldn't recognize it as a cop car. He doesn't have a uniform on. He doesn't show his badge or even have it in a place where it can be seen. And worst of all, he doesn't even identify himself as a cop till the end... If a cop did that same thing to me, he would have gotten three bullets, center-mass. He just looks like another road-rager or worse yet, a mugger. Some guy jumps out of his car and pulls a gun on me, I promise I'll be the first one to fire. What an idiot
You carry your gun while riding?

Old 10-20-2010 | 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Konamtbdjc
You carry your gun while riding?
Always. Never leave the house without it.

Old 10-20-2010 | 01:00 PM

you could almost see this cop asking his wife for a sandwich with his gun drawn...

Old 10-20-2010 | 02:29 PM
|

Originally Posted by monsterjeepn
Always. Never leave the house without it.
+1. Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

Old 10-21-2010 | 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
+1. Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6.
Exactly!

Old 10-21-2010 | 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by bambam
you could almost see this cop asking his wife for a sandwich with his gun drawn...
...it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he did. there was NO reason to pull a gun the same time both feet hit the ground (what a friggin' idiot!). touching the bike too, even makes it worse! obviously the officer doesn't hold ANY value in his own life.

the officer should have used that gun hand to ONLY show his badge. IMO. the fact he handled the situation so POORLY, just makes the other LEO's look bad.

Old 10-21-2010 | 08:31 PM

That officer could have been shot...

If I was carrying a gun at the time, and that situation happened to me, you can bet I would have it out as soon as I saw the door opening... and put a round in the guy as soon as I see his gun coming out.

You don't know who he is... For all the biker knew, it could be some angry douchebag hick in roadrage mode. Or some guy trying to mug him, etc.

if you are a plainclothes officer, get your ****ing badge out FIRST. Then the gun if you feel it necessary. But honestly, WHY would you have your gun out ANYWAYS when confronting a speeding motorcyclist? What was the guy going to do if he tried to run? Put a bullet in his back? What the ****?

I was pretty angry when i heard he was going to face court for "wiretapping charges" seeing as it's in my home state of MD. Glad the judge saw reason and threw it out. I believe he said "Cops, while in public, cannot have the expectation that things will be private for them. They should always expect that someone is watching, because they are public servants." or something like that.

/end rant.
ps I love cops but not douchebags like this.