Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Compliment! maybe? lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems like everyone (and their mother) has a busa...yet I rarely see them out-which is a good thing because I happen to think they are butt-ugly. Seriously..I hate the rear ends on them. Wow...it's a bike with a fast top speed. Yeah, with the right rider it could blow me out of the water on a straight track. Big deal. I like the way my "wimpy little 600 girl's bike" rides and handles.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:56 PM

A couple of you guys have said this in different ways. My honest answer to "how fast does it go?" is "I know what the magazines say, but I haven't ever found a place where I was brave enough to find out myself."

And then for other folks there is "too fast", "fast enough" and "no clue". All are quality conversation stoppers.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

well, mine goes to eleven...

Last edited by regener8ed; 06-19-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:57 PM

OH YEAH!

Old 06-15-2010, 07:06 PM

I get alot of the well thats old, and why dont you paint it black dude its purple...May be old but it runs good, my brothers got a 1000 9 years newer and me and him hang together just fine.
Well i had a busa that i did 230 on...me:yea thats cool man i had a busa with nitrous that i never took past 180 your bad, him: dude you had NAWS on a busa your crazy dude me: yea well i also wrecked that bike at a higher speed than you'll ever see, ride off

Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 PM

And really this happens with anything you own, i get people all the time that "have" or had a cummins diesel with 8k horsepower and 56" tires, just so its faster and taller than mine, and guys that "had" that camaro that ran 5 sec quarter miles that they drove 800 miles to and from the track...well lade-dah lol

Old 06-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, mine goes to eleven...
hilarious reference duly noted.

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven?
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:52 PM

I have Beginner Trackday riders that are amazed my 600 can keep up with and even pass their 'busa.

"How come none of the instructors have big bikes?"
"'Cause we don't need them."

Had a guy on a ZX14 even offer to slow down when I told him I'd be following him the next track session so I could critique him. Told him that wasn't necessary. They do look amazed when I pass them, slow down, turn around, and point for them to follow me, though.

Lot more to be said for technique than power.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Nex

Originally Posted by randyjoy
Had a guy on a ZX14 even offer to slow down when I told him I'd be following him the next track session so I could critique him. Told him that wasn't necessary. They do look amazed when I pass them, slow down, turn around, and point for them to follow me, though.

Lot more to be said for technique than power.
Awesome statement Just goes to show you there will always be that guy out there who picks up the biggest baddest thing, and won't know how to properly use it.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
So i love when people ask me about my bike. But lately i only get some pretty stupid people to talk to me about it. I just had a guy come up to me in the store parking lot and ask what size it was. Here is the convo as i put my gear on.

Him: I like your bike! What size is it?
Me: Thanks. its a 600.
Him: 600! Man you gotta get somthin bigger than that!
Me: Well what do you ride?
Him: Well i dont have one, and ugh i have i mean had an endorsment on my license but its expired.
Me: Oh ya?
Him:My mom has a busa. She let me ride it a few times!
Me: Ya those are pretty fast.(putting gloves on)
Him: ya dude it would leave you behind!
Me: If you could ride it maybe. Chuckle.
Him:What?
Me. How long you been using motorcycles?
Him: My moms bike was my first! But im really good at it.(buckling helmet) I just cant get one cause the insurance is really high.
Me: Ya it will get up there. Anyways i dont mean to be rude but ive got alot more exp and would most likely leave you in the dust. Anyways the shopping carts need tending to! Have a good one man. (starts bike)

This is like the 3rd time in a 2 month span where people who dont ride tell me i need something bigger. WTH? I mean im not really annoyed by it i just think its hysterical and gives me something to be a smarta$$ about. haha i just had to share.
..."your mom goes to college"