Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Compliment! maybe? lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Compliment! maybe? lol

So i love when people ask me about my bike. But lately i only get some pretty stupid people to talk to me about it. I just had a guy come up to me in the store parking lot and ask what size it was. Here is the convo as i put my gear on.

Him: I like your bike! What size is it?
Me: Thanks. its a 600.
Him: 600! Man you gotta get somthin bigger than that!
Me: Well what do you ride?
Him: Well i dont have one, and ugh i have i mean had an endorsment on my license but its expired.
Me: Oh ya?
Him:My mom has a busa. She let me ride it a few times!
Me: Ya those are pretty fast.(putting gloves on)
Him: ya dude it would leave you behind!
Me: If you could ride it maybe. Chuckle.
Him:What?
Me. How long you been using motorcycles?
Him: My moms bike was my first! But im really good at it.(buckling helmet) I just cant get one cause the insurance is really high.
Me: Ya it will get up there. Anyways i dont mean to be rude but ive got alot more exp and would most likely leave you in the dust. Anyways the shopping carts need tending to! Have a good one man. (starts bike)

This is like the 3rd time in a 2 month span where people who dont ride tell me i need something bigger. WTH? I mean im not really annoyed by it i just think its hysterical and gives me something to be a smarta$$ about. haha i just had to share.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

dude, you so need to upgrade.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont let the noobies get to you. I have people keep asking me why I didnt pay a little more to get the 1000 instead of the 954. OR how their bike which I happen to never see went 200mph. OR how a stock busa did 220MPH on the way home after the dude bought it.
Things such as this are SO stupid I dont even comment.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 PM

Think of what must be making that short trip between their ears:

I'm so limited by finances, experience, parents, spouse, intelligence or whatever that I don't or can't ride, but you need to take my advice on the topic.

Advice is usually not the best icebreaker, even if you are just trying to chat.

Oops! Did I just give advice?

Old 06-11-2010, 04:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I usually do what my mom taught me: just keep asking why.

"You need a 1000cc bike" Why?
"Err... So you can go faster" Why?
"Um...Err... Because it's cool?" Why?

Right about there you can see the hamster in their head running out of steam. I usually never hear anything after that

Old 06-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a gas station attendant tell me I should get a gixxer, and that he would beat me on a gixxer. (He used the word gixxer, too, so I know he was the real deal... )
I asked him what he had, and he did the whole "well, I don't have a bike yet" thing, so I told him to STFU.
It happens.
I was having a particularly bad day, though. Usually I just play with them and give equally ridiculous comments to what they give me. After a while, you just have fun with it.
The other guy he works with owns a Rebel. He's a real cool guy, actually, and we talk quite a bit. I told the "gixxer" kid that the rebel would kick a gixxer's azz because it was so light. LOL.. He replied "Not a 1000, tho"...
I said, "You'd be surprised".

Old 06-11-2010, 10:19 AM

Well I had one of them "gixxer 1000's" and yeah it was fast, but I'm actually enjoying my F4i more than I enjoyed it. My favorite was the kid that asked me what I was going to get when I got done with my "beginner bike". Ummm kid, I've been riding longer than you've been breathing.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by F4iride
. Ummm kid, I've been riding longer than you've been breathing.
I love it.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:01 AM

You should have told him something really stupid, Like it was a 600, but i bored it out to 1500ccs with a 100 shot of NOS ( but you gotta say NAWS like the cool guys in fast and furious) LOL!
If i knew then what i know now, I probably would have got a nice 600 and started to enjoy riding a long time ago! I went from a crappy Kawi that there was something wrong with to a 929, so it took me a good long time to get comfortable and really enjoy myself!

Old 06-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Nex

Just like someone who WISHES they could ride to tell you that you need something bigger. I LOVE how he tells you his MOM owns a 'Busa.