Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Compliment! maybe? lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno who won this exchange
You would have won if you told her your other crotch rocket was much larger and she could ride on that anytime.

But honestly. Girls can be more annoying than anyone when it comes to bikes. I've even had a girl say her boyfriends bike ( a sporters 1200) was faster than mine because it was bigger. Funny too, as she chased me down just to tell me that..... and hung around for at least 30 minutes wanting me to give her a ride.. I think a lot of the time, they try to say something to get your attention, just to get you to show them they are wrong...... you might have missed your chance....

Actually the 1999 and 00 un-restricted busa could do 220mph or more from the factory
It could theoretically hit that. realistically, it never made it past mid 190's. It runs out of steam at that point. even though it was designed in a wind tunnel, the wind resistance is too much to get anymore speed without modifications. Many attempts have been made to hit the 200 mark on them and they never make it.

the whole restriction thing is a joke. The bike gets restricted a few mph slower than what it can actaully do.

I know, doesnt matter. just saying.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:56 AM

"You would have won if you told her your other crotch rocket was much larger and she could ride on that anytime."

HA! thats a good one... very very good... lol wtf who comes up with that..?

Old 06-13-2010, 06:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone ever told me their mom rode a busa in order to one up me, I'd tell them my mom rides a ZX-14 and it's a whole 100ccs bigger, therefore faster and better. And if comes back with something, my dad has a Y2k.

I mean seriously, these conversations are straight up textbook high school kids who are talking **** or people who don't know crap about bikes and what little knowledge they do have comes from youtube message boards. I've always said, most of these people who talk **** don't know and because they don't know, they usually don't even matter.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:29 AM

Amen raylee.....I HATE one-uppers I had a few old buddies from highschool ripping on me last week (havent seen them in about 4 years) because I rode a 600....basically saying it was a little P*ssy bike ...funny enough 2 of them "had" cbr 1000s and the one guy had a buddy who of course "Rode a busa" not only was he riding a busa but it was stretched! AND he was dragging PEG!!! and he would whip my *ss in a race. I looked at him, I laughed and walked away wasnt even worth me arguing or trying to call his bluff.On the OP you should have told the guy you would race him on his mommys busa for the title and her

Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by K7inne09
Amen raylee.....I HATE one-uppers I had a few old buddies from highschool ripping on me last week (havent seen them in about 4 years) because I rode a 600....basically saying it was a little P*ssy bike ...funny enough 2 of them "had" cbr 1000s and the one guy had a buddy who of course "Rode a busa" not only was he riding a busa but it was stretched! AND he was dragging PEG!!! and he would whip my *ss in a race. I looked at him, I laughed and walked away wasnt even worth me arguing or trying to call his bluff.On the OP you should have told the guy you would race him on his mommys busa for the title and her
lol I see him every few days when i go to the store. If he mentions anything again im going to ask him to the local strip. haha I went last night for the first time and got mid 11s all the way through. Not horrible for bone stock but better than a someone who doesnt know anything on a busa. haha

I did go against a guy on a busa last night and was only 1.5 seconds behind him. lol He made me look like i was standing still.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Administrator - Retired

You get these idiots everywhere. What surprises me is that although the majority are probably younger... there are still many that aren't.
We were all sitting at a light in Gatlinburg, TN the other week and some old guy (like 60s) is standing on the sidewalk yelling "How fast does it go!!!!???"
After the third time, I took my throttle hand off and made a 1....5.....0 signal.

I'm sure you can imagine how upset I was when this random old redneck didn't look impressed...
I should have signaled 450mph.
People just don't have a clue. I guess they want to hear a magical number that's faster than any other number they've ever heard.
Morons.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:56 AM

some old guy (like 60s) is standing on the sidewalk yelling "How fast does it go!!!!???"
that happens all the time. It also reminds of a time we were all stopped at a gas station, taking a rest and these couple of middle age guys walk up... and of course, how fast are they? My friend has a busa... I use to ride.... the same ol conversations, and my favorite... which one is the fastest? Well, my wife was with us, and she was on her 636. So I pointed to her bike and said "that one." They were looking confused, so I said "seriously.... it does well over 200mph"...keep in mind it was painted a pearl pinkish white with purple flames. Then the one guy says to his friend,, "look, its lowered.... it must be the fastest one". His friend just nodded in agreement and say's, "oh snap, your right". then he speaks up and says... "so how foolish do you guys feel letting a girl have a faster bike than you?" as they both kinda grin... Then I said, " not as foolish as I would feel thinking a 600 does over 200mph"..

I have found the best thing to do is situations like those are just to be a smart ***. If the person has any common sense, they will pick up on it and usually leave after a minute or so... If they don't have any common sense, it makes for a fun way to pass the time as you rest..

Old 06-13-2010, 10:59 AM

I get the how fast does it go question a lot. I usually reply 250 mph. Their response 'Really?' mine to them 'Nope. Just wanted to prove your an idiot. Thanks.' and take off. Here's your sign and it reads 'I am a idiot and know nothing about motorcycles. I know this but I continue to ask dumb *** questions.'

Old 06-13-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
lol I see him every few days when i go to the store. If he mentions anything again im going to ask him to the local strip. haha I went last night for the first time and got mid 11s all the way through. Not horrible for bone stock but better than a someone who doesnt know anything on a busa. haha

I did go against a guy on a busa last night and was only 1.5 seconds behind him. lol He made me look like i was standing still.
Assuming that he even has access to one!! I would never buy a busa EVER even if one was given to me i'd sell it...Dream bike for me Repsol ...soooo sexy...

Old 06-13-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Konamtbdjc
Actually the 1999 and 00 un-restricted busa could do 220mph or more from the factory. Not saying thats cool or smart or anything though.
Year 01 plus there is a 'fuel and ignition cut-off for the 6th gear restriction' which prevents this.

With regards to the original post yea people like this just really want a bike and will talk trash and say anything and prob never even ridden a street bike.
And I cant even stand to read the word gixxer any more Im getting outa here haha
I havent seen a stretch of interstate WITH OTHER CARS ON IT, where someone COULD do 220mph even if the bike was callable of it. However I doubt very seriously ANY major production street bike can do 220mph on the road, even 200mph would seem unattainable to a realistic person. You dont have time to react to anything and I doubt people can see you too well in the rearview. I just dont see it.

However in my particular case on this dudes bike it was a 2008, BONE STOCK busa...
I was watching sport bike racing today, And I couldnt help but wonder as to why you never see hyperbikes such as ZX14 and GSXR1300 on a track or at a track day, because it isnt practical to throw over a 500 pound bike around in turns, so yea I'll race a busa, but I get to pick the track and place... Oh PLEASE let it be stretched.

Last edited by bubba_finch07; 06-13-2010 at 11:43 AM.